Chapter 6

I’m sorry to say that this is a short chapter, but it was the only way I could plan out the next one. I promise you the next chapter has a lot more action in it. I hope you like this one just the same. J

                                                **********

          My room looks like a jungle, literally. It is as if someone cut a piece out of a jungle and plopped it down in this room. The trees are so think that I cannot see the end, and the only parts of the ground that have not been overtaken by an array of plants are the small ponds and rivers that flow throughout my room and beyond into the depths of the jungle.

          Looking up to the canopy I see flocks of colorful birds dancing throw the branches, singing their majestic songs. Scanning my eyes back over the lower levels of the trees and the ground I see many other jungle animals weaving their way through.

          “At least we’ll have some company,” I tell Jade.

          “And Game,” she replies, a slight purr echoing her.

        Everyone's room probably goes with their animal's habitat. It could be to help the animal and person form an easier bond.

          This room would have been perfect no matter what animal I would have picked. I love climbing trees so much. I just feel so free and safe when I’m in the sky, almost like nothing can harm me. It will be so much easier now that I have a leopard to help climb these trees, especially since there are no lower branches.

          Wanting to take a look around I walk over to one of the closer ponds and notice that swimming around in the depths are little colorful fish. Not as colorful as the fish in the ocean, but still pretty.

          I’m glad that there are ponds here as well. If there is anything I love to do just as much as climbing is swimming. I feel the same way with water that I do with the trees. I always feel safer and freer. It’s always like nothing else matters when I’m deep in the water and high in the treetops.

          "So were do I sleep?" I ask, walking back to Jake, deciding to check the place out later.

      "Well, you sleep in the trees," Jake replies. “That’s what I do, and, honestly, it’s a lot more comfortable than you would think.”

          "Really?" I ask excitedly. Then I add, “I know. I’ve fallen asleep at my Grandparent’s house out in the woods many times. I never got in trouble because my parents always knew where I was. The only down side was all of the bug bites I would come back with.”

          "Yeah, because I knew you liked to climb trees," he says shrugging.

          "Wait a second," I pause, questioningly. "How did you know that?"

          His face goes beat red. "Well... umm... because..." he stammers, looking for an answer.

          "Spit it out," I urged.

          "Umm, because you chose a leopard and they like to climb trees."

          When he answers it is more like he is asking a question. Rolling my eyes, I accept the answer; he obviously isn’t good under pressure.

          “Maybe it’s just with you arrround,” Jade says, laughing.

          “Oh, shush!”

          Not wanting to argue further on a pointless topic I leave his answer as it is, not pressing for more. Yesterday, Will said they were watching me, so if they knew where I lived and my name why wouldn’t they know how I spend my free time.