Chapter 13: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls

Eren's POV

As we were getting ready to go outside the walls I saw these two kids with the most amazed looks on their faces.

"Wow, the survey corps! So cool!! I hear that the emblem on their backs of their uniforms are called the wings of freedom!" a boy explained.

"Wow," the little girl next to them said in amazed.

I look at them and smiled, remembering how I used to be like that.

"Hey, Eren, remember when you were like that?" Zandra rode her black horse up next to mine.

Okay I know this sounds crazy, but, Zandra's horse is not really a horse.

It's a Pegasus.

She told me it was her cousin Perseus's black Pegasus.

"Yea, but when I joined, I didn't think the situation was gonna be like this." I replied

"Yea, things can change faster than a blink of an eye," Zandra looked forward.

"Hey aren't people gonna think that it's strange seeing a horse with wings?" I asked her changing the subject.

"Well, no actually. See there's this thing called the mist. And it covers things that mortals would find unatural. But there are some mortals who can actually see through the mist." Zandra some-what explained.

"Um, that kind of makes sense," I replied.

"It's okay if you don't understand, Eren. The mist works in mysterious ways. Don't worry, I'll explain later," Zandra assured.

"Ya know, you tell me that a lot."

"Yeah, I know. But don't worry, someday I will. I know what happened just recently was a lot to take in. I know it was for me," Zandra said.

"Yeah, that was a lot to take in, but I can see it being true. I mean, we look alike."

"Yeah..."

Then, the commander demanded the gates to be open and then he screamed something that I couldn't quite hear.

All the Soliders were about to take off when Zandra screams,

"ARE WE THE FOOD? NO, WE ARE THE HUNTERS!!!!"

The Soliders then threw up an arm in proudness and were screaming with pride.

I looked at Zandra and smiled at her.

Yup, that's my sister.

But then when I looked forward again, I'll admit it myself.

It felt like I was running straight into Hell...

OOOOO twist!!!

Eren and Zandra are brother and sister!! find out the story in the next chapter!