- Richie Tozier (2)

the next day was even worse than the first. surprisingly..

it was a Saturday, so we went to the library to do research and he was being obnoxious again. talking in his stupid accents and saying a whole bunch of terribly funny jokes.

I was reading a book, looking up things for the human anatomy (which is what he had picked the day before on the sheet.)
out project was going fine so far, since I was writing down all the notes and researching everything. Richie was busy walking around the library and finally came and sat beside me, but I was already finished.

"Howdy ma'am!"
I glared at him and began to pack all my things, putting them in my backpack. "I did all the work, just like I said I would." I sighed, wishing that things would've went differently.

"But.. y/n wait-"
"No. I'm going home Richie." I stood up and walked out of the library, not even caring if he followed.

My bike was on the bike rack outside of the library. I unchained it and sat on the seat, then I heard my name being called.

"Y/n! Y/n wait up" it was Richie, he was running down the library steps and was only a few feet away from me.

My eyes widened and I tried to pedal fast,  but the weight of my bag pulled me down and I fell on the sidewalk. I just laid there, my hair covering all of my face, my whole body (and bike) sprawled out on the ground.

"Holy shit. Are you okay?" Richie said. One of his hands was on my back and the other was holding mine, helping me up.

"Yeah." I was on my feet now, dusting myself off.

"You were trying to leave huh?" He looked down at his feet, offended or something.

"Huh? Hell yeah I was. We planned to research together, and you flaked and did all the stupid things you usually do." I crossed my arms looking at him. Richie looked sad, and I felt bad, but I had to push those feelings aside.

"I'm telling the teacher that I did all the work." I said and stood my bike back up.

Richie pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked, confused.

He just shrugged.

I opened the folded paper and looked at it.

There was a whole page of notes for the project.

"I did all these at home. I was going to surprise you."

I folded it neatly and put it in my bag. Stepping closer to him.

"Thanks Richie." I pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry I'm such a spaz."

He hugged back, and I started to see the trash mouth Richie tozier in a different way.