Little One Pt. 1

Yan Da's eyes narrowed.

"Let. Him. Go." She said at the man in front of him. The man smirked at her tauntingly.

"And why should I? Why is the fire princess worried about a little brat?" He spat.

The boy in his arms whimpered. Making Yan Da angrier.

 Days before this incident...

Yan Da was worried. Yun Fei had been sick since they had left the Healer Tribe. He has a high fever and has been unconscious since then.

So she had no choice but to call a healer. The healer is now checking him.

Yan Da paced back and forth. Stopping when the healer stood up and face her.

"What's wrong with him?"

The healer shook his head. "It's his energy. It looked like it was shifting and transforming. There's nothing we could really do but to care for him until it finishes its transformation."

"Can't we do anything to help ease the pain he's feeling?"

The healer paused, thinking. "I have something but it's not tested on humans yet."

Yun Fei groaned, body spasming in pain. Yan Da quickly went into his side holding him down. "Shh, Yun Fei." She said, running her fingers through his hair. Yun Fei then calmed down hearing her voice.

"Will it really help?" Yan Da asked, meeting the healer's eyes. The healer nodded.

"Then give it to him." She said, she couldn't bear seeing him in pain anymore. It's hurting her too.

Following her order, the healer uncapped the bottle. He then poured it on Yun Fei's mouth.

Not long a green light enveloped his body.

When it receded though instead of a man, a young boy was lying on the bed.

Yan Da gaped. "What the heck!?"

The healer immediately went to check on the young boy. He then sighed in relief.

"Don't worry princess Yan Da this will only be temporary. I don't know the definite time but he'll return to his original form after a few days. His energy also had calm down."

Yan Da smiled. Relieved that her servant isn't in pain anymore. She then thanked the healer and dismissed him.

Going out, she then went to find some clothes that will fit her young servant.

______________________________________

Upon returning to her servant's tent, she noticed that the child was missing.

"Yun Fei!" she called out looking around.

She went closer to the bed, looking under it. Did he fell?

"What are you doing?" a child's voice then stated behind her.

Yan Da quickly turned around hugging the startled child.

"Don't ever do that." Yan Da said, letting him go.

The child didn't respond. He was busy studying her. To him she's a complete stranger.

"What's wrong?" Yan Da said. Noticing the state of the child though she quickly dismissed the child's wary expression.

"Forget it. Here." She said, giving the child the clothes she's holding." Dress into this."

The boy looked at himself then at the clothes. Slowly, he took the clothes from Yan Da.

"Go on change." Yan Da said.

"Turn your back first." The child replied, making the fire princess laugh in amusement.

When she did, the child quickly dressed himself. He was having a difficulty tying his belt though.

"Are you done?"

Getting no answer, Yan Da turned around. She then laughed. Yun Fei hands were all tangled up. His cute face twisted in frustration. Shaking her head, she crouched down helping the child.

"You know if you need any help you can always ask me."

"Thank you," she heard him whispered.

"Aish, you're so cute. I'm princess Yan Da by the way and we're at the mortal realm. Due to some circumstances, I'm going to take care of you from now on."

The child frowned, looking down.

"What's wrong?" Yan Da asked again.

"They finally did it huh. They finally got rid of me."

"W-What?" Yan Da asked surprised.

"Don't lie. You can tell me. I know that my family gave me to you. I'm the useless child after all." He continued, crying.

Yan Da gasped, pulling the child into an embrace letting him cry.

She couldn't believe it. Why would anyone hate a child like this? He's such a sweetheart.

When he stopped crying, Yan Da brought him out of the tent. To cheer him up they went to the Firefly village.

Unknown to the princess, one of her soldiers had been watching how she favors Yun Fei.

He was jealous. How dare a mere mortal get all the princess attention when he was serving the princess for a long time.

Watching the princess laugh once more at the child's antics, his clenched his fists.

She is mine and everyone who stands in my way will die.