Chapter-14

Author's (POV)

Kyungsoo closed his eyes in fear when one of the man who was aiming their gun at him pulled the trigger. But the bullet never touched his body. He slowly opened his eyes and what he saw make his breath hitch. In front of him, Minjae, was standing; facing him. And was smiling. Then Minjae falls to the ground groaning. Kyungsoo quickly sat down on the floor beside Minjae. And tears ran down his face when he saw the blood coming out of Minjae's back. "M-minjae are you okay. I- I am s-so sorry." Kyungsoo sobbed gripping the front of Minjae's shirt. "K-kyung I-I am so-sorry I bullied you everyday. I-I didn't wanted t-to but I was angry that y-you didn't remember who I-I was." Minjae said as a tear rolled down his face. "W-what do you m-mean?" Kyungsoo asked. "Y-you don't really remember me K-kyung." Minjae said and Kyungsoo have the urge to cry out loud.

"The flowers are blooming. The moon is shinning. Let's go and play. Under the stars and moon. I promise to protect you. I am sorry. If I had hurt you unintentionally. Please stay by my side. Because I want to be with you. Always."

Minjae sang with the energy he had. His voice was cracked but was still beautiful. Kyungsoo look at Minjae in shock. Because minjae just sang the song his childhood bestfriend, who was one year older than him, use to sing. Then he remembered.

14 years before.... (Their past)

Little Kyungsoo was sitting on one of the bench inside a garden. It was his birthday but his mother just died so he couldn't have a birthday party. He was sitting their with a sad expression when suddenly a flower crown was placed over his head. He turned around and saw his bestfriend, who was older than him. "Jae hyung." He called happily, his sadness gone when he saw his face. "I told you to just call me Minjae, Kyung." His hyung, Minjae said. "But I like calling you Jae hyung." Kyungsoo said. "So why are you sitting here alone on your birthday?" Minjae inquired. "Hyung I can't have a birthday party. I feel sad." Kyungsoo honestly said. "Then let's go. I will buy you your favourite ice- cream." Minjae suggested with a smile. "Really hyung. Then let's go" kyungsoo said with a bright smile making Minjae smile brighter.

They went to the store and bought ice creams. And ate them together. After eating they went to the their secret hiding place. Their hiding place was inside a forest. The forest didn't have any dangerous animals so it was safe. Their hiding place have a beautiful lake where white water lilies grow. They sat near the lake, touching the water with their toes. Kyungsoo looked at Minjae who looked a little sad. "Jae hyung why do you look sad?" Kyungsoo asked. "Kyung my parents decided that we are going to America. I am going to go with them." Minjae said. "When are you going hyung?" Kyungsoo asked with sadness. "Tonight." Minjae answered in a samll voice.

After that Kyungsoo didn't say anything. So minjae pulled out a small chain with a small medal from his pocket and put the chain around Kyungsoo's neck. Kyungsoo looked down and saw the small medal hanging down. "Kyung this is your gift for your birthday from my side. Never take this off. And don't forget about me when I am gone. I will meet you again." Minjae said. Then Kyungsoo broke down. Tears rolling down his face. He hugged Minjae tightly not wanting to let go. "I will never forget you Jae hyung. I will wait for you." Kyungsoo sobbed. Minjae wanted to comfort the crying boy so he decided to sing the song that he always sang when Kyungsoo was sad.

"The flowers are blooming. The moon is shining. Let's go and play. Under the stars and the moon. I promise to protect you. I am sorry. If I had hurt you unintentionally. Please stay by my side. Because I want to be with you. Always."

After he finished singing, kyungsoo already stopped crying. "Hyung when you are gone don't forget me." Kyungsoo said in a small voice. "I won't." Minjae said. They spent their remaining time doing what they wanted. And that night Kyungsoo cried again when Minjae said 'goodbye'.

After 9 years, Minjae came back. But he stayed away from Kyungsoo. He wanted to surprise the younger. He wanted to see uf Kyungsoo still remembered him. So he enrolled to the same high school. On the first day of school, he approached Kyungsoo and asked him, how he was. But was surprised when Kyungsoo asked him if he knew him. He felt angry because Kyungsoo forgot about him. So from that day on he started bullying Kyungsoo. But his heart always broke a little when Kyungsoo cry because of his bullying. He continued bullying Kyungsoo after that.

(End of their past story)

(Present day)

"Jae.. hyung." Kyungsoo called out in a small voice. He hugged Minjae. He didn't care about the blood that was on his hands. "You fi-finally remembered K-kyung. I am sorry f-for bullying you. I loved you Kyung but you for-forgot about me. And I was angry. I-I am sorry." Minjae said breathing heavily. "Jae hyung I am sorry I didn't remember you. I am so sorry. D-don't leave me now please." Kyungsoo cried harder. "K-kyung I have to leave you now. You ca-can't save me. But ca-can you kiss me. One last time pl-please." Minjae pleaded. Kyungsoo nodded his head, leaning down and gave a peck on Minjae's lips. For minjae it wasn't a peck. It was everything. Then after the peck, Minjae stopped breathing. His body going limp. And Kyungsoo cried harder forgetting the people around him. He regretted not remembering Minjae. He wanted his Jae hyung back. He wanted to go to his past and change things. He regretted everything.

It was the end. His Jae hyung who he adored very much was now gone and it was because of him. His hands still holding Minjae's hand. The first button of his shirt was open so it revealed the chain Minjae gave him. He wa still wearing. He fall unconscious beside Minjae. Still holding his hands tightly. He didn't wanted to let go of his Jae hyung.

Hello guys!! Sorry for not updating soon. Our school festival just finished. Enjoy this chapter. Thanks for the votes. And please keep voting. Bye bye.