Chapter 11

I woke up in Stefan's arms wearing my slip in Stefan's room . I turned over and stroked Stefan's cheek gently . It was the best time I've had in awhile . I got up and decided I needed some water , so on my way , trying to find the kitchen , I saw a door that said "PRITVATE " . My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to open the door . To my suprise , it was unlocked and I tiptoed in . The room was full of antiques . A glass case caught my eye and I tiptoed over and looked down at it's contents .

I spotted something in the corner of the case 

A key ... but what could it open ? I noticed a trunk in the corner . I glanced down at the key and decided to try it out , since the trunk was obviously locked .

I opened the key and gasped .

I was in awe at all of the personal items then something caught my attention. It was a journal . Maybe it could tell me something about my past or at least about who'd owned this trunk .

I reached down and gently picked up the journal before opening it and starting to read it .

Mystic Falls , VA

1863

Dear Diary ,

I met a boy man today . His name was Stefan Salvatore . I met him while I was taking a walk and he told me of his lonliness and I told him of my own sadness . I felt something for him . Something deep . I can't wait until I see him again ! Oh diary , you've been my only friend for so long , now I think I might be able to share this burden with Stefan . Maybe I'll be able to trust him with this someday ! I've never felt this strongly before . If I were to change him , it would be the most selfish thing I'd ever do . I want to stay here . With him . I hope that HE doesn't find me . I don't want to run anymore ! I'm tierd of being a monster ! I didn't ask for this . Well I have to get my beauty rest , Stefan and I are going for a ride in the country tomarrow .

Eternally Yours ,

Sydney Petrova - Duckett

I gasped . It was mine . All of it and Stefan ... h-he loved ME ? I was his mystery girl .

I sat there in shock for a moment and then I heard rushed footsteps . Stefan .

I turned on heel and faced him .

" WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ? " I demanded .

" I thought it'd be better of you forgot ." Stefan said quietly .

" THAT'S NOT YOUR DESION TO MAKE ! " I screamed .

I stormed out into the living room and paused as Damon walked in from the kitchen .

His mouth dropped open as he studied me in my slip then I heard Stefan .

" Sydney ! Sydney ! I'm sorry ! Please ! " Stefan begged as he walked into the room and paused like me and Damon .

They were both staring at me as I turned around and slapped Stefan across the face .

" If you say my name again , I will cut out your tounge and shove it down you throat , MR. Salvatore . " I said as I walked into Stefan's room and grabbed my dress and slid it on before walking back out .

" I'll give you a ride . " Damon said , putting an arm around my waist and leading me out to his car .

We rode in silence back to my house and as soon as we pulled up , Katherine and Edward ran out with worried expressions .

" WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ? " Katherine asked .

" ARE YOU ALRIGHT ? " Edward asked .

I pushed past them and walked into the house with silent tears streaming down my face once I past them .

I slammed the door shut so hard that it broke the glass .

Damon's P.O.V

" If you hurt my little sister in ANY way , Damon , I'll kill you were you stand . " Katherine threatened .

" What did you do to her ? " demanded Edward .

" Actually , I did nothing . It was all Stefan . " I said , smirking .

" What did he do ? " Edward and Katherine demanded at the same time .

" How the hell should I know ? " I asked , shrugged .

" Find out . " was all Katherine said .

I nodded .

" I'll be over again soon . " I said .

Katherine nodded and I drove back to the boarding house and slammed the door .