Act Naturally (Ringo Starr)

chapter 1

1960 airport Missy POV:

As the plane finally landed in the UK I tried not to think of my father and mother also of how they died in the crash. Tears started as I thought of them. As I walked out of the airport I looked up at the sky which matched my mood. Dark and gloomy about to rain which is actually how I felt. I turned my head seeing a man holding an name card which said my name. I walked over to him carrying my two suitcases and purse. The man looked at me "Missy?" he asked in a british accent. I was to upset to answer so I nodded my head. He quickly took my suitcases and put it in a long black nice british cars trunk. I stood in shock while he opened the door for me. "you going in?" he asked after a while. I quickly hopped in amazed of how big the car was. It took four hours to get to where my grandmother lived. I finally spoke in frustration of the ride. "where are we going?" "Liverpool" the man answerd calmly. I shook my head in confusion "I thought my grandmother lived in London." The man suddenly laughed "alot of Americans get cities mixed up here" I shook my head annoyed. We finally arrived at my grandmothers connected condo. The man took out my suitcases and walked me to the door. He then set down my suitcases "it was nice driven ya lass" He walked back to the car and drove off. My grandmother opened the door in excitement "theres my lovely grandaughter" she said with a fake british accent while hugging me real tight. I just went along with it as she let me in leading me to my room. Night came quickly while I stayed in my new room unpacking everything. I was only sixteen and I had no clue if I would be put in school. I laid in the bed remembering the good memories of my parents which lead me asleep for the night.