Chapter 1: Guy In Red

READERS POV:

I work at a restaurant as a waitress. My shift was almost over in an hour when I heard my boss call for me just as I put in an order. "(Y/N), can you take over jade's shift?" my boss Carl asked me. I looked at him then at Jade. She only clocked in an hour ago. She looked a bit pale, with a red nose and watery eyes. She could pass out any minute. I think about it. ‘I have two options 1. say no and go home and sleep or 2. say yes, stay late and get paid for overtime?’ I thought for a bit and I sighed. "Find i'll take over the rest of jade's shift". I would have gotten off at 10pm but now I'll be getting off at 2am. I hate walking at night, that's why I work in the morning or afternoon shift but needed the extra cash.  

-mini time skip-

My overtime shift was almost over, and I had 30 minutes left. Carl told me that I can go home early because there weren't that many people coming in but throw away the trash on my way out. I was happy to go home a bit early. I grabbed my things and the trash bags, I headed out the side door and said "see you guys later" and heard mumbled laters/goodbyes as I was heading out the door. I looked around to see if there was anyone down the alley. There were always​ a bunch of creeps, drug addicts or weirdos in the alley or street near here. This wasn't the safest area. Luckily there was no one down the alley. I was happy that it was empty but found it weird I didn't hear people. I quickly threw away the trash in the dumpster and walked down the alley to quickly get out of there. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at it to see if I had any messages or missed calls. I had 2 missed calls and 6 messages from my best friend (BF/N). I looked at the messages.

Text: "(Y/N), I found you a date" ;)

Text: "He wants to meet you in person on your day off"

Text: "Do you think you'll be able to"?

Text: "He works with me as a valet, he's around our age".

Text: "If you feel awkward about going on a date with him, We can go on a double date"?!

Text: "(Y/N) are you there?" "don't ignore me, it will be good for you. Need to get back into the dating world.

Text: "Text me when you're off work so we can talk about the (double) date". :) <3. 

"Why does she keep looking for a boyfriend for me"? I say to myself with annoyance. I sighed. I text her back saying that I'll go on the double date but before I press send I bump into someone. ‘Thud’ I look up and see​ a man in a red and black spandex suit. “Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" I told him with a confused look. He had guns, knives and katanas. I get a bit freaked out and just look at him thinking why he's dressed like that. "It's ok toots, that text seems important" he says with a slight smirk in his voice? I looked at him slightly creeped out. "So what is a sexy girl like you walking down the street so late at night"? he said with a flirty voice. I looked at him and could see that he was grinning under his mask. "I just got off work". I answered as I walked around him. I kept walking and all I heard him say/yell out was “daaamn you have a fine ass”. I turned around quickly blushing, I walked back to him and I slapped him so hard he stumbled back a bit. 

I start running, I run two blocks and see the subway station up ahead. I look back to see if the man in the red and black suit is following me. I don't see him, I sigh a breath of relief. I walk down the stairs to get on the train. I looked at the subway map to see when the next train is coming. I looked for a train that was going to my stop, the train to my stop passed 10 minutes ago and that was the last train to my stop. "damn it". I say out loud to myself. I look and sit at the beach they have in the station. As i'm about to sit down I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I looked around to find a place to hide, I was still freaked out about the guy I bumped into a bit ago. I saw the bathrooms. I go and hide in the bathroom. I didn't want to get seen. I am wishing it isn’t the man in the red and black suit. I peeked out the door from the bathroom. I was careful not to touch the door handle with my hands, I don't want to  catch something if I touch the door. I don't see or hear anything. "Am I hearing things?" I say to myself. 

I wait in the bathroom for 5 minutes, I open the door a bit more to get a better look. I look and try to see as much as you can. ‘No luck’. I fully open the door and walk out. I look around and I see no one in sight. 

I head for the stairs and walk up them. I get to the top of the stairs and look around to see if there is anyone out there. "The coast is clear.” I say to myself. I start walking to my place. I walk down 10 blocks to my apartment. My feet start to hurt really badly and I'm almost there. My feet can't take it so I take a quick seat on some steps of some apartments. So my feet can rest real quick before I continue on.

Re-edit: 2-13-24