Chapter 1//The Thing

"Ew look it's the Thing."

"Look Thing's wearing long sleeves, probably to cover her million scars."

This is the type of stuff I hear as I walk down the hall of my high school.

I was given the name 'Thing' 2 years ago when I was a sophomore.

Now I'm a Senior.

Even though I am one of the oldest students here the youngest ones still call me Thing.

I can't wait until this year is over.

Move from boring Chicago to sunny amazing California.

Maybe I'll be able to throw away my razors.

I walked into the bathroom where I usually go just to take a break from school and the names.

When I walk in I see the 3 most popular girls in school.

"Ew we better go the Thing is in here." Said the leader. Her name is Jade. Tall. Skinny. Black hair.

"Yea we should." Said the brunette one. Jessica. Tall. Skinny.

"Let's go." Said the brown haired one. Jordan. She is also tall and skinny.

"Wait." Said Jade stopping right before walking out.

She walked over to my and pushed my sleeves up and pulled my shirt up.

I didn't care I just stood there looking at myself in the mirror that was behind Jade. I could see my ribs perfectly. And some of my scars are fresh.

"Awh look at her." Said Jordan sarcastically obviously happy that this is what I'm doing to myself.

I just looked down and pushed Jade away from me. I pulled my shirt and sleeves down.

"Leave me alone please." I said.

Jessica scoffed and they all walked out. I went into the stall and sat there for a while until I decided to get up.

I went to my locker and took what I needed and left.

I didn't want to go home.

I just wanted to drive.

Drive until I run out of gas.

But I knew I couldn't.

I knew my abusive father would send police to find me for them just to bring me home and have him beat me for running away.

I decided to go home anyway not caring at the moment.

I parked my car in the drive way and walked into my house.

I saw beer bottles on the floor

Broken and not broken.

My mom died when I was 10.

My dad always said it was my fault.

That's when he started drinking and abusing me for her death.

I walked into the kitchen. Still no sign of my father.

I grabbed a apple and went to my room.

I locked my door and sat on my bed.

I just stared at the ceiling for a while then decided to go on YouTube.

I went in my Subscriptions and clicked on Our Second Life.

I watched some of their videos to cheer me up.

Then I watched a little bit of PewDiePie, Jenna Marbles, JennxPenn, and a few others.

About 2 hours went by and I heard a door close.

"Shit....." I mumbled.

"NICOLE!" My dad yelled from down stairs. "GET YOUR UGLY ASS DOWN HERE!"

I jumped out of bed and ran down stairs.

"Yes dad?" I asked trying to sound calm so he wouldn't hurt me to bad.

"You need to clean the kitchen and the living room and have a hour to do so starting now." He said.

"Ok." I went into the kitchen and started sweeping.

I finished the Kitchen in a half hour.

I ran into the family room and vacuumed the rug, and cleaned up all the beer bottles. This took me 25 minutes. I had 5 minutes to spare.

Knowing my father he will make me start over if I don't use all the time.

I decided I would clean the coffee table fast.

I grabbed the windex and sprayed the table. I finished with a minute left.

I threw away the paper towel and put the windex away when my dad walked in.

"Alright it's good enough. Go to bed." He demanded.

"Ok, night." I said and walked upstairs.

I looked at the time, 7:45.

I locked my door and went on my phone and played games for about a hour.

I heard snoring in my dad's room so I knew he was asleep.

I got up and grabbed my box of razors and ran to my bathroom.

I added the word 'Thing' to my wrist.

I didn't cut very deep because my dad would beat the living shit out of me if he found out I cut.

I cut to feel pain.

I can't wait to move out.

It will be more like running away though.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alloooooo

Well this was a long first chapter....

Hope you liked it 😊

Welllllllll

Comment vote!

Byeeeeeee