Faith and Family

Notes: Sorry for the delay in updates.... life and a new fandom happened. I'll start updating as I can! I also have an AO3 account so I might start xposting there too. Check me out! ~Madsydva
-------------------------------------------------------

"You can talk to mom after her treatment." Samantha said as I followed her down a long hallway.

"Treatment! For what?"
"For her Paget's Carcinoma."
"I thought that was untreatable."
"They invented a treatment that works."
"Who did?" I asked as we walked into a dark room. I stood in the doorway as Samantha walked into the room and turned on a lamp next to a bed. She sat down.

"Dad?" She whispered. He rolled over.
"What is it, Samantha?"
"Fox is here." She said, looking at me with a smile. My dad sat up and looked at me. He got out of bed and walked toward me. Tears were starting to stream down my face. I walked the rest of the space between us and hugged him.

"Hi, Mom." Samantha said.
"Bill?" I heard my Mom say. I turned around to face her.
"Fox?"
"Hi, Mom." I walked over to her and hugged her.
"Fox, we need to take you to hermit tested." Samantha stated.
"For what?"
"To see if you are a carrier of or have Paget's Carcinoma. If you do we can eliminate it before it starts to take over your body and do you don't spread it to your children." She explained.
"But that's why I need to go back. Scully' pregnant. With my child."
"I'm going to be a grandmother!" My mom exclaimed. I smiled.
"You can't go back. Colonization is going to begin in a year or so." My dad said.
"Dad, I love her and it's my responsibility to take care of her and our child."
"I'll talk to Mr. Spender." My mom said.
"Well, lets go get you tested." Samantha said getting up from her seat on the bed. She walked out the door and I followed.

"Are Mom and Dad back together?" I asked.
"Yeah. They worked out their differences. I bet you're wondering how I recognized you so fast today."
"Actually..." I started but she cut me off.
"You know that screen that you watched Scully on?"
"Yeah."
"I've been watching you for the past 10 years. Everything that you and Scully have been through."
"How is that possible?" I inquired.
"It's a satellite camera that follows you around."
"How is THAT possible?" I said again.
"You're really starting to sound like Scully." She said as she held a door open for me.

We entered a large room with a table and a weird looking machine hanging over it.

"Lay down on that table." Samantha said walking over to a desk with a computer on it. I laid down on the table, staring up at the machine hanging above me.

"Oh take your shirt off, any jewelry you might be wearing and anything you have in your pockets." Samantha said. I sat up and took off my fleece zip-up jacket and then my black t-shirt. As I took off my shirt, I felt something touch my chest. I reached around my neck and unlatched the necklace....

"Mulder, I want you to take this with you." She said as she unlatched her cross necklace.
"No, Scully. I might lose it or break it."
"Just take it."
"What for?"
She didn't answer as she latched the necklace around my neck.
"Agent Mulder, our flight leaves at 8 o'clock." Skinner said. I nodded to him and looked back at Scully. She steps closer to me and puts her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around her. I gently kiss the top of her head.
"Don't worry." I whispered.
"Just be careful."