Problems Arise

It's a good thing that the bounty could fly. Otherwise the entire ship would be swarming with reporters. Everyone, including Misako, were in the living room, watching the news report.

"As the snow continues to fall down over Ninjago, scientists and meteorologists all over remain baffled. Elemental masters claim that their powers are MIA, and it is safe the assume the same for our beloved ninja, who are isolated, who knows where, on their flying ship. We spoke to local genius, Cyrus Borg, and left with more questions than before. More on him, later."

"This is crazy!" Jay shouted, throwing his arms into the air. "How is a bunch of stupid snow taking away our powers?!"

Cole gave Jay a dirty look. "You didn't freak out this bad when the lightning storm took away our powers."

Jay put his arms down. "That's because we knew when that would end! We still don't know if this blizzard will ever go away!"

Misako cleared her throat, standing up. "Jay, it would be best to keep your word about you. Yes, we have no idea how long this storm will last, but we have to figure out a way to stop it."

"Yes," Zane chimed in. "Not only for our powers, but for the people as well. Several farms and markets have had to shut down for lack of resources. Until the snow lightens up, we may have to ration our food."

Lloyd nodded. "Zane's right. It doesn't matter if we get our powers back or not. What we need to focus on is making sure the people still have food. Mom? Do you think you can find any record of a storm like this?"

Misako nodded. "I have a few books on weather anomalies in my library. Let me look first." She walked off, leaving the six ninja alone.

"So," Nya trailed off. "What are we supposed to do now?"

"We could go around and make sure the other elemental masters are okay," Kai suggested. Lloyd smiled.

"Good idea. We'll start with - "

Lloyd was interrupted by a knock on the door, confusing everyone on board.

"Aren't we in the air?" Nya asked.

"Yeah," Kai said, heading for the door. A redhead with a duffel stood at the door, smiling.

"Hey guys, remember me?"

"Seliel!" Cole shouted, standing up with a grin. "Thank you for coming."

Jay tilted his head. "What's going on? Why is she here?"

"Oh," Cole said, waving his hand in the air, "I called her over to help out, since we don't have our powers."

"Nice call, Cole," said Lloyd. "Well? Come in. It's been awhile. We were just about to head out and check on some of our friends. You're welcome to come with us or stay and settle in."

"One problem," Kai said. "We don't have any spare rooms for her."

Zane nodded. "Yes, it would be rather uncomfortable to have a girl in our room."

"She can share with me," said Nya, taking the bag from her. "It'll be great to have another girl on-board."

"You poor thing, being trapped up here with all these guys," Seliel said sympathetically.

"Hey!" Jay shouted in protest. The two girls laughed, and headed for Nya's room, chatting easily.

"Should we go now?" Kai asked. Lloyd nodded, and walked out the door. Everyone else followed, summing their dragons and splitting up.

As it turns out, the other masters were doing perfectly fine without their abilities. The only truly affected was the Jacob, the Master of Sound, who couldn't use his abilities to see anymore.