True Love at Once (Ponyboy Curtis love story)

Hope you enjoy the story,  this is my first post.   Tell me your thoughts. Should change anything?   Any suggestions/ ideas? 

Carry on (:

Hi there! My name is Madalyn (people call me Mattie).I am a greaser. I am 13 years old but, I'm turning 14 in 3 days!  My birthday is on Valentines Day!  My family just moved here to Tulsa (originally a country gal from Ar). Well, I'm just starting high school, you may think "Isn't she a little bit young to start high school". Yes, yes I am. I may have skipped a grade.  I have brown hair (that has a natural wave to it and blue streaks), and chocolaty brown eyes.  I have friends here in Tulsa luckily. They are Abby, Aubrie, Caty, and Skylar. Abby has blue eyes and blonde hair, her hair has pink streaks in it. Caty has dirty blonde hair, and hazel eyes,  she is really smart and is always there for me. Aubrie and Skylar are good friends of mine they don't always get along but I love them both.I met them when I was in NY (yes I lived there, only 6 months). It was kinda dark times for me, I joined a gang,  started drinking, smoking, and getting into fights. I found them on a street corner getting jumped by some hoods, so, I decided to go help them, mostly 'cause I felt like gettin in a fight. That's where it all started.

*Mattie's POV*

Tonight we are going to the rodeo. we are- Me, Abby,and Caty. It was Abby's first time going,  and Caty's second. Man, I've been here probably a million times. What was I hoping to wear?  Ah, I know my favorite outfit.  my red flannel shirt,  light wash skinny jeans, and buckskin boots. I believe I will just leave my hair down tonight since it was chilly outside.

At the rodeo there was a ton of people. Anyway, there are supposed to have some good riders here tonight. "Y'all want some snacks?" "ooo, yah I'll take some!" with that Caty flipped me a coin.

At the cosesion stand there was a line. gosh did I HATE waiting in line. I guess I had been thinking for a while, 'cause I was snapped out

of my thoughts by some hand waving in front of me. It startled me at first. what a rude person! I flipped them off when I was walking back. typical me.

When I got back to my seat Caty and Abby were playing a game, by game I mean looking in the bleachers for guys they thought were cute. So, I joined in. "I like that one, he looks like a movie star!" Caty said. Abby pointed at a guy next to the movie star and said "I like that one he looks like the bad boy type". My jaw dropped I've never known Abby to like bad boys.! "So which one do you like? " Caty said nudging into my arm.  "Ummmm, I think that one is cute. " And I did think he was cute. Sarcastically Caty said "act cool" so, we all pulled out cancer sticks, then, we started laughing our heads off. Of course that brought attention which I do not like. But we just kept laughing! Finally,  I stopped laughing but, it seemed Caty and Abby couldn't stop.  I just simply lit up a cigarette and took a long drag, mostly for effect, and blew a perfect smoke ring like always. A group of boys started walking our way so, I told Abby and Caty to stop laughing and act cool.  "I don't know if I can be any cooler" Caty joked, "now is not the time" I snapped. "Sorry Caty".

Just as the boys got to us I stomped out my cig. If I do say so myself I looked very nice in red flannel, skinny jeans ,and boots.

Back to the guys.  I counted 7 of them.  Most of them were good looking.  One of them outstretched his hand. "hi my name is Ponyboy, that guy over there in there leather jacket is Dally, the 'movie star' is Sodapop he's my brother, then my other brother is over there is Darry(pointing to a guy with big muscles), then that's Johnnycake, and mickey mouse over there is Two-bit, and last and totally least is Steve." "hey!" Steve said defensively.

*Ponyboy's POV*

I was talking to the gang when these girls started laughing really, really hard. "wow, something must be really funny for them to be laughing that hard" Sodapop said chuckling himself.  "Why don't we go see what's so funny. " everyone looked at me like I was crazy.  I finally convinced them to head over there with me. I walked up and said "hi my name is Ponyboy, that guy over there in the leather jacket is Dally, the 'movie star'is Sodapop he's my brother, then my other brother is over there is Darry, then that's Johnnycake, and mickey mouse over there is Two bit, and last and totally least is Steve." "Hey!" Steve said defensively.  It was getting close to sunset so,  I wanted to make it quick.  Before I could go anywhere the brunette walked away.  I was confused so I turned to her friends. It must have been noticeable.  "ummmm, that's Mattie, I'm Abby, and this is Caty." "she doesn't mean to be rude she likes the sunset, it calms her, that's one of the only things she has left". I stood there like an idiot.  Then I ran after her.

*Mattie's POV*

I walked away after they introduced themselves.  I want trying to be rude I just wanted to watch the sunset.  I don't like telling people that I enjoy the sunset, they usually laugh at me and walk away. I heard someone run up behind me, I turned around and pulled out my blade, then I realized it was Ponyboy. "Hey what are you doing out here? " I said questioning him.  "well I thought I would join you. " I was in shock.  so I said "sunsets are for wimps and loosers". What he said next made me love him. "Then I guess I'm a major looser." I smiled and looked up at him. He was cute,  he had beautiful eyes, his hair was greased back to perfection. I instantly stared at him.  jeez was he easy on the eyes. Next thing I know a hot tear was rolling down my face. No guy had ever been that nice to me. Most of them just wanted to slap me around.

After a while it was dark, the Rodeo had ended. It wad late, and I wasn't sleepy at all. "Y'all want to go somewhere?" I asked.

I got stares.  was it really that bad of an idea? Heck no! it was an amazing idea!  Well, so I thought. 

"It's past midnight, and you aren't tired? "

"Nope" I said popping the "p"

"I think it's a good idea. If you want to go somewhere I'm up to it" Ponyboy said happily

/*\/*\/*\*/*\

*Mattie's POV*

Later that night we went to the Dingo. Drunk.

The waitress walked up looking as though she was undressing Pony with her eyes. I was amazed. Suddenly I became jealous.

Why are you jealous!!! You of all people jealous that a woman around your age was staring down the guy you liked. I shouldn't be jealous at all.  I scoffed at the thought. Next thing I knew someone was pulling me back with big arms.  I blacked out after that.

All I remember was getting mad and beating the crap out her. Her screaming, and me getting slapped. I would need a really good excuse for this one.  I guess I had gotten mad.

what excuse would I use? Maybe she flipped me of. No. 

She called me a bitch. no.

I dunno what I'm going to do. jeez.

What happened?

Hope you enjoyed the story!