Archetypes

"Baka-chan!!! What's an archetype? I'm not even done with the anime you recommended to me! This otaku is hearing it everywhere!!! Tell me!!! T^T"

Okay, friend. I will take a break on the recommendations to come over and introduce you to the four main archetypes in anime.

Actually, I see a lot of characters that aren't anime characters that fit into an archetype.

First, and the most commonly seen is the tsundere.

Tough on the outside, sweet and kind on the inside. It's that girl that tends to hit TNor beat the main male character in a harem. If I remember correctly, Ayano from Kaze no Stigma is considered a tsundere.

Actually, remember Kagura from Fruits Basket? An almost tsundere. Hits like Kagura, acts like Kyo.

Boom. First definition down.

Now, Yandere. Another popular one, and a favorite of mine. This girl (rarely a guy) Is crazy. they go insane out of love.

Yuno Gasai.

Even if you have just watched one episode of Future Diary, you could tell she wasn't right in the head. Yuno is the most widely known Yandere to all otaku.

Next is Dandere. A dandere is an anti-social character that will act silent and emotionless. When their love interest gets to know them better, it turns out they were shy. As we go on in this list, you will see a few examples of Dandere. I would say a character similar (but not exactly) to Kisa Sohma.

Next, is Kuudere.

They act cold and distant, but when they open up, they are very affectionate. In the next anime I recommend, you will see an example of the Kuudere in a character named Kanade.