Inuyasha

Inuyasha is another anime classic by one of my favorite mangaka (Manga Artist), Rumiko Takahashi. Rumiko Takahashi is like a serious legendary beast. I mean awesome! She worked on some awesome animes. Like a little one called Ranma 1/2 that IS SO AWESOME! And I kinda just bought the DVD at Wal-Mart, I was happy girl.

(Description from Wikipedia)

The series follows the half demon, InuYasha, and a 15-year-old girl from Tokyo, Kagome Higurashi, who is transported to the Sengoku period after falling into a well in her family shrine, where she meets InuYasha. When a monster from that era tries to take the magical Jewel of Four Souls embodied in Kagome, she accidentally shatters the Jewel into many pieces that are dispersed across Japan. InuYasha and Kagome start traveling to recover it before the powerful demon Naraku finds all the shards. InuYasha and Kagome gain several allies during their journey namely Shippo, Miroku, and Sango.

Now this anime is on Toonami, unlike Sailor Moon, sadly. But this is one of those anime that is a must watch.

I personally liked the subbed version better, but since this is one of the beginner anime I have for you, I recommend it just because it is like a big stamp on your Otaku Card. Along with Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, and Full Metal Alchemist.

Oh, we'll go into those later. We need to get you used to all the weirdness, the sweat drops, fan services, and the TOTAL WTF moments.

Don't worry, friend, we'll take it nice and slow.

But let me warn you about the thing about Inuyasha, it is a longer series. Though it isn't all that long compared to other shows in the Shonen genre. But it is like 100 and something episodes, then there's a second season, that had, I don't know how many episodes.

But its really worth it!