Chapter 27

Taylor's POV

I ran to her. I just wanted to see her face. To say I'm sorry. And for once in my life, I truly meant it.

The boys shouted after me to wait and let them talk to her first, but I couldn't do that. She was my best friend.

And I was hers.

"KrisKrisKrisKrisKris!" I shouted as I sprinted towards her. She looked kind of upset and scared, but her face softened as I came closer.

"Taylor...I..." I cut her off with a giant hug.

"Kris," I backed away and looked her in the eye. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me, I don't know what got into me. It's not because it's late or I was tired, it was because I was being a brat and didn't care about what I was saying. I was upset for some reason and I think I know why." Everyone leaned in to hear it. "But since we're here, I would like to talk to you privately about it. In our tree."

Kristine's face lit up. She whispered something to Dan. He nodded, and drove off. The boys stood there confused.

"What about the-" I cut Liam off.

"If you can wait for Sophia all these years you can wait a few minutes for me." His face turned red, and with that, I turned around and jogged to our tree.

We climbed, I only slipped once, and finally found the old branch we sat on.

"Look, Taylor, it's my fault. I-" Kris began.

"No, no you didn't. It's all my fault, and you have no reason to apologize. You are the best friend anyone could have and I was stupid enough to not realize it. And I should thank you because I smell like Oreos now." We both laughed, and sat there for a while in silence. The sunrise was bright by now, it was probably around 7 am. The boys were two hours behind, and you know what? I didn't care.

I peered down to where they were standing. They were pacing, and Harry was shouting into a cell phone. Kendall was trying to calm him down, and Niall was peering up at where I was sitting. He smirked, and I giggled. But I stopped.

I didn't want to fall for him.

I didn't want to get caught up with more boy drama.

I didn't want to come off like a player.

I think it was time I stayed single for a little while longer, and there was only one way I could accomplish that.

And it was definitely for the better.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Kristine's POV

"I have to go down there, the boys have to leave quickly. And they're going to be mad when I tell them the news." Taylor said as she climbed down.

"What news?" I asked.

"You'll see!"

We hopped down from the tree and raced to the bottom of the hill. The boys were standing there, furious. Except for Niall, who was making googley eyes at Taylor. Gross.

"Boys, I'm sorry, but I have an announcement." Taylor shouted.

All the boys turned to look at her.

"Look, Taylor, we're two hours behind schedule. We seriously don't have time for this." Zayne said.

"Good. You can leave now."

"Well, come on then!" Louis shouted as they scrambled onto the bus.

"No." I said, planting my foot in the ground.

"And why not?" Harry asked with a frustrated frown.

"I'm not going."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Taylor's POV

Kristine bursted into tears and wrapped me in a hug. The boys stood there, shocked.

"But, Taylor," Niall began.

"No buts. I made up my mind, and that's all there is to it. Kris and I have been planning something special for the Transfers, and I'm not backing out. It's too important and too special to Kris and I to drop out now."

The boys stood there, jaws open.

"Close your mouths, boys. You'll catch flies." I said.

They quickly closed their jaws. Niall looked like he was about to cry.

"I'll be taking my leave now, and you should be too if you want to be on time." And with that, I linked Kristine's arm with mine, and walked to her car.

And I never looked back.

.

.

.

<<<A few days later>>>

.

.

Kristine's POV

We looked at all the donations we had collected. Needless to say, it was a lot of money. And it was all from the fans.

Taylor and I looked at each other.

"Can you believe we did this?" She asked.

"Nope!" We squealed with delight, and fell back on the rug.

"So when are we going to tell them?" She asked.

"All at once. In a live stream."

"Okay, okay. Explain the schedule to me again."

"Alright." I pulled out the paper on which I had everything wrote down. "1. We decorate for the "Going Away" party for the Transfers. 2. The next day is the party. They said they had something to announce to us. 3. At the after party, we tell them the surprise and celebrate!"

"I still can't get over how much money we raised."

"Me either."

_________________________

QOTU:WHAT IS THE BIG SURPRISE???

I know it's gonna be big!! :D

-K✨