5.Willie Nelson: He was a Friend of Mine

I wish I knew how to quit you.
                                                  -Jack Twist.

****************************

It wasn't until the next week that the streets snowed in. The temperature drop made me realise I had no more than two days to return home for a warm delicious Christmas dinner. Tristan has been spending a lot of time with me. Whether I was studying in the library or watching movies,even during my job he was there. Chattering away which some of it I still don't know. I just nod away sometimes.

There is a lot of kissing but that's it. We haven't gone beyond that. He would just run his hands all around me as if suggesting more but I knew I wasn't ready. I know I sound like a little virgin girl but somehow doing it with someone else just made me think deep inside that I was giving it away..like the only thing that belonged to him.

Tristan of course didn't do much than that. I could see he understood what I wanted and right now it was home. To my dad and my little sis and also Bessie and Bessie Jr.

Tristan and I were shopping for Christmas and decided to go to Jenna's room. She was having a small Christmas party with her DJ friends and boyfriend. She told me I had to bring Tristan which he didn't object on much. He was a party person.

As we shrugged of the light snow from our jackets, Jenna opened the door and ushered us in. The music was booming and I could feel the walls thump.

" How was the date?" She asked hugging me. I rolled my eyes.

" It was anything but." I replied, "We were just shopping."

"Speaking of shopping-" she held her hand in front of me, " where's mine?"

"In good times,woman." I said and went for the drinks. I sighed as I took one shot of vodka. Warming my body.

Tristan came beside me and had his arm around my waist. He smiled at me and took one shot for himself.

"Ah..that should hit the spot." He said with a smile. I chuckled.

" We are just getting started." I said and then we took drinks after drinks.

Jenna put on some party song and soon everybody was dancing like wild animals. I laughed as Tristan joined in pulling me with him.

"You know how I feel about dancing." I said to him.

"And you know how I feel about dancing." He said, " I'll be always there for you."

"Commitment is a bitch you know that right?" I said wrapping my arms around his neck. He raised his eyebrows and shrugged.

"When it comes to you... I can think about it." He said brushing my bangs away from my forehead.

I smiled and looked down at our feet and sighed.

"Wanna get drink and high?" He asked after a while. I chuckled.

"Yeah..." I replied.

He kissed me lightly on my lips and whispered, "Small steps with you Ethan. I'll wait for thousand years for you so don't worry."

I immediately left let him go as if he was set on fire. I took a step back and closed my eyes. In the crowd, Tristan frowned and shoved people away coming towards me.

" What happened?"

" Nothing." I replied quickly, " I feel sick. It must be the booze. Ummm.. I am gonna...sit there..Alone." I added as I saw him coming for me.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah. You have fun. I'll be there so don't worry." I said and went for the black couch where a couple was making out like crazy. I laid down and closed my eyes.