19. Sara Bareilles: Love Song (Final)

I closed the door and took a deep, shaky breath. His cologne was everywhere making my head swoon and killing my thought process.

" I saw the video.." I blurted out without looking at him. His jacket ruffled against his skin as I heard him adjust himself and clear his throat.

" Yeah... turns out i am an idiot when it comes to dating." he said with a humorless laugh. 

" Would you look at me?"

"No." I gave an immediate reply. " I need to say some things and I know I wont be able to say it if I look at you."

" Okay.." he whispered. 

" First, I know I was the one who broke up with you." I said playing with the hem of my sweater. " You should know I dont regret it. What you wanted me to do at that time was not acceptable from my part." I took a deep breath.

" Even though I loved you all those years, I was glad I did what I did. I had decided to stand up on my feet once I saw my dad struggling to keep our family together. If I went with you that time, I would have been betraying myself and no one else."

" I know, and I respect you and your decision." He said after a while.

" Even..even though I did what I did...I missed you." I said as tears formed in my eyes, " I missed you every second." 

He was silent and suddenly I felt arms around my waist as my sobs became more clear. 

" I hated myself that I missed you. I hated I couldn't date Tristan properly because every time we touched I would remember you." I said inbetween my sobs.

" I know...I am sorry." he said, " Would you look at me? Please?"

" No..."

" Okay...just so you know..I love you." he whispered in my ears. 

" You idiot. You were going to marry someone else." I cried out trying to get out of his arms.

" I am sorry." he said as he tightened his arms around me.

" I missed you so much, Damien." I sobbed, " Damn me to hell for loving you still." 

" Marry me."

I looked at him quickly. His eyes were filled with tears. His beautiful face lined with tears and a painful smile. 

" It's time..we stop this chase, Ethan." he said turning me slowly as he wiped my tears with his sleeves. " Marry me."

" No." I said. He kissed my cheeks. 

" Marry me."

" No!" I said pushing him away. " Are you a kid?"

" No, I love you." he said kissing my eyebrows. " Marry me...I want to show everyone you are mine and I am yours."

" You are ridiculous." I said looking straight at his eyes. He smiled at me.

" I love you more and more." he said, " I dont know why.."

"Idiot.." I murmured and kissed his lips. " I love you too."

I put my arms around him as we kissed. He caressed my waist and butt as we kissed deeply. He looked at me and caressed my face.

He led me to my bed.

" Come." he commanded as he pulled me in his arms and took my clothes off.

I closed my eyes as I kissed him again, ready to succumb to the ecstasy.
*********************************************************