6. Katy Perry: The One that got away

Never in my whole life I thought that this moment would exist. Never in my whole life I thought I would meet him. Well, I would but not like this. Me sitting on my suitcase and him getting cosy inside his car. His really attractive car.

I don't know how long I stared at him. Maybe I was trying to drink in the way he stared, the way his skin glistened or the way his voice would go deep when he was serious. I know I shouldn't be thinking about such thing in the moment but this was... Damien. The one person I ever dreamt of being whole with. Who is now making an awkward and rather rude conversation with me. And instead of politely refusing him and turning my back on him till he disappeared, I chose to pick up my suitcase walk down the icy road without a word.

I had walked about ten feet away that I heard the roar of the engine. He was again beside me.

He didn't say a word and neither did I. What I noticed was every fucking person was looking at me. Well not directly at me but at Damien.

"What are you doing? Go away!" Words slipped out of my mouth.

"I know you're going to the airport. Let me drop you." He said. His tone sounding different than the last time I had heard.

Well, the last time you heard him speak to you was when you fucked him and dumped his ass.

"No thank you. I'll take a cab." I was going to say more about it but the screams of the girls from every corner of the street didn't let me complete it.

Fuck! Motherfucking bitch ass fangirls!!!

"You don't wanna get mauled by them do you?" He asked rather amused. I glared at him. Looking straight into his eyes I snarled.

"Go away! Leave me alone!" I walked only to get pushed back towards the car by the group of girls who were now screaming on my ears.

His looks seemed to signal I told you so. I glared at him before trying to get out of it with my suitcase in tact.

That was when I saw the reporters running towards us. That was when I knew I was fucked.

I heard a click and I knew he unlocked his car door for me. He had a faint smile as he signalled me to get in. I knew I had no choice. I opened the door and got in before the girls tore my body open.

I jumped in and slammed the door before he drove like a maniac towards the road leaving a huge crowd behind in the snowy road. I took a sigh of relief as I eyed the road that we left behind. I turned towards him and with a clipped voice I said.

"You can leave me at the next turn."

"I know where the airport I'll leave you there don't worry." He said as he drove without looking at me.

I looked at him briefly and saw his ring glisten on his finger. Instantly my heart clenched at the sight and bitterness flowed in me. I looked away.

" I want to get out." I said with a harsh tone now. He didn't say anything.

"Damien, I want to get out!" I said firmly this time glaring at him. He just smiled as he drove.

"You haven't changed have you?" He said.

"You have." My mouth slipped. I looked away knowing I had said too much.

"A year or two in the industry does that to you." He said, "Is it my hair?"

"Nevermind." I sighed and looked away, "Just-just let me out."

" I know it's Christmas and you're going back home. Even me. So why don't you just relax and let me drive you to airport. That's all I can do as a..past friend."

Okay either he was acting innocent or he was trying rile me up. I chose to ignore him.

"O..okay." I said since I didn't wanna anger Jenna by getting more late over there.

The drive was silent till we reached the gate of the airport. I got off with my large ass suitcase.

"Thanks. Bye." I said without looking at him and ran towards the entrance as I called Jenna for like hundredth time.

Switched off. Fuck!

I looked around my surrounding trying to see the glimpse of her colourful hair before my eyes landed on the flight board.

Boarded.

No! No! No! No! I can't fucking miss Christmas!!

Dad is going to kill me.

Cecily is going to kill me.

Jenna is going to kill me.

I didn't know how but I ran like a fucking maniac towards the check in.

"Excuse me!" I shouted at the attended. "Has this flight taken off?"

He looked at my ticket before giving me a suspicious look. He read it for a while and nodded.

"Just took off five minutes ago." He replied. I groaned loudly clutching my hair.

"What am I gonna do??" I cried out loud.

"You could book another ticket."he said checking out his computer. "Oh...but the next flight is after Christmas."

"And as you can see I am going back for Christmas!!" I snarled before calming myself, "I-I am sorry. Thanks anyways. I'll think of something." I replied and dragged my luggage towards one of the empty seats at the waiting area.

I thought about various things that could make it possible for me to arrive home in two days but it seemed impossible.

I felt a presence beside me and immediately knew who it was without looking.

"Don't you have a flight to catch? Or did you miss it too?" I asked. More like murmured on despair.

" My flight got delayed." He said.

"I thought you were back home." I didn't know why but I was somehow talking with good for nothing bastard.

"I had some work here." He replied. "Even I have some Christmas things to do."

I sighed looking anywhere but at him
He took a call and walked away as the argument seemed to be heated.

Maybe his fucking fiancé.

After a while he sat again at his seat and sighed loudly.

"You need to get home." He stated. "I need to get home but I am not that desperate."

"Why so?" I asked...this time looking into his eyes.

He just put his chin on his palm and looked at me so lovingly that it felt like he and I were still in love. He smiled.

The fucking smile I knew.

"I didn't have a home for a while." He replied, " I used to be believe home is where your heart is."

I stayed silent staring at him. My heart clenching away with pain and agony.

"And I've lost my heart years ago, Ethan." He whispered with a painful smile.

************

Well there you go!!

I'll try to update soon again.

Comment and message what you thought about this chapter!!

Lol. I don't know about you but I still live mah Damien.

Anyways vote! Comment!! Do whatever you like.

Love you all ❤❤❤ \[^___^]/

Ciao~