Farce 2, Mathias Enters

"Ah, it's a beautiful day out." two curious eyes were looking out the window one afternoon. Mathias sat next to Chloe in class. Chloe's perfume had dominated the scent of the area. It blocked out any other female's scent as well. Where it started and where it stopped on her, no one was sure. There was a strong beginning of lilacs and cherries on her sable hair, but then there came the fragrance of oranges from her hands.

"Mhm." Chloe smirked back. "So... you were going to tell me something? About-" 

With her blue eyes stapling his presence, Mathias couldn't help but get a tad nervous. "Um... yes. I know what happened to... Mr. Villus. Isn't that cool?" 

"Mathias. That's not cool." Chloe turned away whilst everyone was working in partners for a project in their biology class. 

Having gotten the cold shoulder, Mathias's bangs drooped over his eyes. "Oh. Right. S-s-sorry. I didn't know." 

"You know what?" Chloe grinned, kicking her legs underneath her table and chair. 

Mathias looked up. "Hm?" his bangs seemed to magically drift away from his saddened expression. 

"You know the two towns that are here? Of course you do- you've lived here all your life." 

"Yeah... about that." Mathias chuckled. He felt a tad nervous from the girl's comment. He used to think he had lived in Zartrune and Tallacht all his life as well. He used to think his parents were his. 

"What?" 

"Oh! N-Nothing, nothing Clover. Nothing at all." 

Chloe shrugged her shoulders and exhaled calmly. "Well, you know how our academy meets in the middle of two cities; Zartrune and Tallacht, right? I was thinking." 

Mathias nodded. "You were... thinking?" 

A girly and youthful giggle jiggled around and inside the young Sardain girl. "I think I wanna visit Tallacht today. You wanna come?" 

__________

"I have to be prepared for... what?" Seineres Allister stretched as he stood in a darkened room. His eyes shook. His fists clenched. The young boy was disappointed in himself for some reason. 

"There's a school dance coming up soon. It's for the celebration." a familiar yet shaky voice spoke through the black air. "And it appears you've had a recent break-up. How unfortunate. I wonder if it will be posted on that new top-secret-information site, E-Lunar. I swear, it's like you young people don't even believe in timing these days." insane laughter broke free from this male silhouette. "Oh, but let me guess. Time isn't real, eh? Is that the kind of poetic rhetoric you royals spew out these days? Royals. Who am I kidding- you just have connections with the military." 

Seineres clenched his teeth. "Oh, yeah. Correct. This is for the Autumnal Festival. I remember the history. Long ago, the Holy Republic of Europolis conquered a race of people who were known as the 'Celts.' We did it in the name of our single deity. However, the Celts had multiple deities of their own. Instead of erase their culture, we incorporated it into our own. Thus, the legacy of those deities became a part of our culture. However, soon enough, worship of those deities overtook our land and the names of those mystical beings began to appear everywhere. Belenos. Dana. Appolleo. Queen Medbh." 

"I'm surprised you're so good with history, Seineres. I myself was always a fan of Belenos. Loved the sun." 

Seineres wore his cape proudly in the dark- he arched his back to a nice posture so his chest appeared bombast. Smiles or grins hadn't appeared on his face in quite a bit as of recently. Instead, his eyes were low. Bags formed beneath them. He had been busy as of late, talking to this man in this rusted and barely-illuminated room. "Right. Now, I'm going to try one last time to get the answer out of you." There was a pause between the two male souls. "What made you kill Mr. Aaroncroft?" 

"I've told you time and time again, young man." 

Seineres banged his hands on a table. "Why would I believe something that crazy? WHY?" 

__________

"So, we've been swinging on these... uh... swing-sets for a while now." Mathias fluffed his green hair about as he looked to his girly friend. 

"Yeah. I've always wanted to check out this park in Tallacht." Chloe looked up to the sky. 

"Why haven't you? Your family's pretty well-off, right?" Mathias slowed down his swinging as his eyes landed on Chloe's; her eyes landing back upon the two bronze planets which Mathias possessed. The two had now found themselves in the neighboring city of Tallacht ever since school had let out an hour ago. 

"Well, I haven't had anyone who's wanted to go with me." 

A pause cut the air between them. Chloe went faster on the swings, her legs kicking in the air. Meanwhile, Mathias continued to sit stationary among the metal contraption. He could feel those normal tremors in the structure every time Chloe went higher and higher.

"Say, Chloe, what happened with you and Seineres? I mean... I have a hunch, but-" 

"Nothing happened. He's a pig." 

"Hm. There's something you don't hear every day, but deep down you always wanna say it." Mathias fell back in laughter; his body hitting the ground with a gentle thud. 

"Well, you've always been quite the innocent guy. I wonder what you think about sometimes." The sides of Chloe's black bangs fell over her right eye. 

"You... wonder what I think about?" Mathias blushed as he got back on his swing. 

Chloe nodded, her lips forming into an inviting smile. \

"I... am not certain. Uh. Well." the pale student held the chains of the swing tightly. "I guess I've been thinking of some bold things lately." 

"Finally growing up, Mattie?" 

"Oh, what's that supposed to mean!" 

"Oh, nothing." Chloe hid her hands among the long sleeves of her uniform. 

Yeah. The pale male looked down at the mulch of the park. I've been getting very bold recently. Coming to terms with... the weird thing... that I am. And it's starting to feel normal. 

Chloe's perfume was strong. The beautiful and fruity scent of the young woman infiltrated and penetrated Mathias Johannesburg's nostrils. "Hey, Mattie." 

Mathias looked up, the breeze blowing his grassy bangs. "Yes?" he looked up, his face bright and warm. I always like it when she calls me by my nickname. 

"Thanks for coming to hang out with me today. I really appreciate it." the beautiful dame stuck her hand out for Mathias to hold; she was allowing him to pick her up from the swing. 

Mathias felt the rush of something inside him- was it romance? He had always been friends with Chloe, but only recently was he truly beginning to discover the person she could be. With his own two eyes and ever-changing mind, he was learning more and more every day. Learning about Bel, learning about Seineres, and learning about himself. "No problem, Clover." 

__________