Farce 2, Moonlight & Sunshine

Not all days with the sun are to be lucky or happy days. Throughout cultures, light rays from the sky meant a day of prosperity. This isn't misplaced, however, for humans enjoy consuming a type of vitamin, known as 'Vitamin D'. Without this, they fall short- Unmotivated, tired, and weak-boned.

    There do exist some days where rain can act as all a woman, or man, needs to feel fulfilled. 

    How else is one supposed to feel refreshed? 

    How else is one supposed to feel baptized of their... sins? 

    "Morning, Bel!" Came the shout of Mathias. "Ready for another go at the Civ-Sims?" 

     "It's morning already, is it?" 

     Putting his palm to his face and shrugging, Mathias spoke. "Yup, and I see you've a green apple in your hands again. Goin' on a new diet or somethin'? Your figure's already pretty good. I mean, I think so, anyway. Or... do you just like green apples?" 

    "Pretty much. I don't see what you people have against apples." Spinning the emerald fruit on his forefinger, Bel shrugged as he met with his friend in the meadows of their school. "I always make sure to keep a few of these on hand."

     "A few on hand, huh? From the looks of it, you only have one on your finger." Mathias winked.

    Bel sighed. "An astute observation, Mathias." 

    "I might not be the smartest grape of the bunch, but I do observe things."

    "Bel." Came a drained voice, suddenly, from behind the two of them. 

    Mathias and his earthy eyed friend turned around to see Seineres Allister, a student that everyone knew as confident -- Bel had known as arrogant -- and upright. The fair haired, fair skinned, boy walked slowly, however, with shoulders slouched. 

    The sky hung sunny over them. Flowers, blades of grass, and dirt were impacted by tense steps, however. Seineres and Bel were known all over the school as rivals- Though how true that proved, remained debatable. 

    Seineres looked down at Bel's white shoes. "Damos... was a real friend. I'm sorry for you- Having witnessed what he did." 

    Mathias put his hand out in Bel's direction. "Yeah, I almost can't believe you saw that, Bel. I mean, shit." 

    Bel stood back a tad as Seineres put a hand on his shoulder. "Damos? Who do you mean?" 

    An explosive blast of morning wind blew through Seineres and Bel just then. 

    Putting his hand to his mouth in shock, the young Cosmonysus looked down at the field of vibrant flowers. "O- OH! You don't mean-" 

    "Those damn Es dragged the Economic Alliance down and with it, the rest of us." Seineres looked down as well, but began to slowly raise his head. "Damos' family was once renowned and 'well-to-do'. But ever since the alliance fell apart some years ago, they've fallen on hard times. The guy had to put up with aggressive yelling, and beating, from his father. He inflicted those scars on his sternum." 

    "Oh, those nasty Es, making everyone's families so dysfunctional." Mathias shook his head. "Damn pity!" 

    Bel looked down some more, in a sort of morose handling, of private knowledge. Damos hadn't taken his own life because of political and familial drama, nor was it purely economical. 

    Everybody speculated that the scarred man had shot himself due to strains from his dysfunctional family- Everybody. All the teachers and faculty had been dreary ever since- How did a student come to school with a gun in the first place? Nobody knew.