Six

"You're gonna love me." I said to Ash as I sat down at our lunch table.

Ashton smiled at me. "I already love you."

I playfully punched his arm. "Well you'll love me more then, beacuse I have two tickets to the Rangers game tonight." 

"No way! Your dad had extras?"

"Yeah he put two aside for me."

"They're playing the Blackhawks tonight, right?"

"Yep, you'll get to see your mancrush Jonathan Toews in person." 

Ashton's look of happiness quickly faded. "Shit, I can't go to the game tonight. My mom is dragging me to dinner at my grandma's house and this is the only night that we're all available to see her."

"Damn! Well I guess I'll find someone else to go with me. Mikey? Cal?"

Both Michael and Calum shook their heads. I looked over at Luke, who had remained completely silent, except for the soft sounds of him eating his lunch.

"What about you, Hemmings?"

Luke looked up at me. "Mads, are you asking me on a date?"

Suddenly the other boys were more interested in the conversation. They leaned in closer to us.

"Of course not. I'm just asking you to go to a hockey game with me. We'll keep things completely platonic." 

Luke looked at me with a smirk on his face. "If you say so. Alright, let's do it. I've got nothing else to do tonight."

"Great! I'll come by at 5 to pick you up so we can be at MSG for warmups."

Luke nodded and returned to his food. 

***

I walked up to Luke's door and rang the bell. It was 5:15 and I was picking him up to go to the Rangers game. I was wearing one of my many jerseys; this one was the team's blue home jersey and it had Carl Hagelin's name and number on it. Luke answered the door, and he was also wearing a blue home jersey. His was a Henrik Lundqvist jersey.

"You're late." he said, opening the door.

I ignored him. "Nice jersey." I said.

"Same to you." he replied looking me up and down. "Hagelin? Let me guess, you think he's cute."

I rolled my eyes. "No, I just think he's a great player. Not all girls are puck bunnies, Luke."

Luke laughed. "I know, Mads. I'm just teasing you, no need to get defensive."

"Sorry, it's just annoying when people assume I'm only into hockey for the players."

"I won't bring it up anymore I promise." 

"Okay. Are you ready to go?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

The train ride to MSG wasn't very long. We got off at Penn Station and walked upstairs to the arena. We made our way to the box office to claim our tickets.

"Two tickets for Reynolds." I said to the woman at the box office. She looked through the envelopes of tickets and handed me the one with my name on it.

"Here you go Maddie." the woman said.

"Thanks."

Luke looked confused as we walked through the turnstiles and towards the stairs to go to the floor where our seats were.

"What?" I said to Luke

"The woman at the box office knew your name."

"Yeah my dad works for the team, remember? A lot of people here know who I am."