Thirteen

"I feel like I'm being suffocated." Luke said as he walked into my room, attempting to tie his tie. After failing what looked like his fifth attepmt to tie it, he threw his arms up in exasperation. "I give up."

I wasn't even dressed yet, still in Luke's shirt that I had put on after I had showered and wore while I did my hair and makeup. I walked over to Luke and grabbed the tie. After a minute, it was tied perfectly around his neck.

"There. Now stop complaining and get out. I have to get dressed." I said.

"How did you do that?" Luke looked at me, and his tie, in astonishment.

"My mom taught me when I was young. She sometimes ties my dad's ties and she showed me what to do. Now get out!"

I shooed Luke out of my room and closed my door. I walked over to my closet, pulled out the dress I was going to wear, and laid it out on my bed. I grabbed my shoes and purse and placed them next to the dress, making sure nothing clashed. It all looked good, so I took off Luke's shirt and slid on the dress. It was a maroon dress that came down to the middle of my thigh and was somewhat tight. It hugged my curves just enough that I wasn't self-conscious. I had black heels that were about 3 inches high, and a black wristlet to match. My hair was slightly curled and I had on more makeup than I usually wore, but it matched the formalness of the affair. I checked myself once more in the mirror before making my way downstairs.

Luke turned around just as I walked downstairs. I thought his eyes were going to fall out of his head. His eyes never left me from the moment I started walking downstairs until the moment I walked up to him. 

"Holy shit." Luke said softly, looking me up and down.

"Calm down, Hemmings. You don't want my dad to see you eyeballing me like that."

Luke put his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. "I can't help it. You're just so goddamn beautiful."

I felt my cheeks heating up. "Beautiful, huh? You know I was hoping that this dress said 'sexy' more than 'beautiful'."

"Oh trust me, you look sexy."

I smiled. "Thank you. That's all I wanted to hear."

Luke chuckled. He looked me up and down again, pulling on his lip ring. "I just...holy shit, Mads. How did I get so lucky?"

My cheeks felt even hotter. "If you ask me, I'm the one who's lucky."

"God, you're perfect."

Luke pulled me in, bringing his lips to mine. It was easier than usual, due to the fact that I had heels on. I wrapped my arms around Luke's neck and he wrapped his arms around my back and waist. The sound of heels on the stairs made us quickly pull apart.

"It's just me, sweetie, don't worry. Your father is coming, though." my mom said.

I breathed a sigh of relief and looked at Luke who was blushing.

"You're blushing." I said.

"What? No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"Shut up."

I laughed. "You're too cute. Come here, you have lipstick on you." I reached up to wipe the red stain I had left on his lips. 

"Thanks, and I'm not cute, I'm manly."

"Sure, Luke, you're a rugged, manly man."

"That's right I am."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. Then I heard the front door unlock and my dad came in. He had his suit on a hanger from the dry cleaners. 

"Is everybody ready? I just have to change and then we're heading out!" my dad yelled.