Mornings ^

The sun glared harshly into my face forcing me out of my blissful slumber. What a bother...
     I barely had time to register what was going on before hearing a familiar squeak make a certain human's presence known to me.
     "When do we eat?" Angel walked up to my bed from the nightstand drawer I made into a hidding place. Right...she was here...ugh...
      I sat up stretching the sleep out of my muscles. Angelica's reaction to the loud pops and cracks of my spine made me smirk, she shuddered covering her ears with both hands to muffle the rest.
      "Do you seriously have to do that? It sounds so... wrong..." She cringed at me. I cringed back mockingly, enjoying my new freedom to be more than just her servant. I was her liaison and partner now. Which ment she no longer could control my life. There was no way I was gonna let this pass.
       "I don't have anything for you to wear right now...but I could make you something later..." I got up and changed into the blue uniform in the closet, the only thing in there besides the shirt. Angel covered up her eyes while I changed "a little warning would be nice!"
"You stay up here, I'll bring you something after I eat" I opened the door to leave. Adjusting the collar as best I could, though my fingers kept getting tangled in the frills, frustrating me further.
      "Please be quick!" Angel yelped from the room, I closed the door so no other giant would enter and discover her locked it, pocketing the key.
        Once I relaxed did I realize the pain in my leg...wait My leg! I pulled my pant leg up to check on the wound "H-how the hell?...." There was hardly a bruise! All that was left was a long dark scar in the shape of a hound bite.
      "It Worked!" Vinny's voice rang out. "Isn't it cool??" He ran over to me. Hugging onto my good leg " morning Byron!" Vinny grinned showing his chipped tooth. "Wanna play with me and the borrowers?!"
        "Not right now Vinny, maybe next time?" I ruffled the frilly curls on his head "Have you seen Alcor today? If hes sleeping I don't wanna disturb him..."
         The little giant thought for a minute "um..no he's still sleepy!" He chirped again.
        "Please tell me when he wakes up"
         "Then! will you play with me and Marco!"
          "Ok fine." I limped to the stairs wishing I had forgotten about the pain like before. It's one of those things you don't notice if you're distracted like hunger or had alcohol. "I'm gonna go get something to eat, wanna come with me?"
            "Oh um...I'm not supposed to eat with the soldiers..." Vinny's grin fadded completely.
         "Why?" That didn't make sense at all. Was it the swearing? Or that they were just secluded.
         "They tell grown up stories alot..." (Some of you get your minds out of the gutters) Ohhhhhhhh.
         "oh. Well, I'm gonna go eat something i'll-" My body tensed hearing a loud crash from my room "WHAT THE HELL!"
          "Language!"

(Short, but I promise they'll get longer)
(They will, promise)