Switched Bodies! Part 3

(This is the last part of Switched Bodies! I hope you enjoy this!)

Alec and Jace sat there awkwardly not knowing what to do. Magnus and the girls had left all of a sudden leaving them in an awkward place. Jace continued to side-eye Alec, trying to figure out what to say. 'We're parabatai. Just talk things out and example it to him. Just talk to him' Jace thought.

"Alec we should talk-"

Alec put his hand up cutting him off. He got up and walked away.

"I guess not." Jace got up and walked around when something caught his eye.

Jace remembered Alec talking to him about how Magical that night was. He could feel how Alec felt through the parabatai rune that night. He could sense happiness. As he looked at this photo he realized something. Alec can't live without Magnus. Alec will always protect Magnus. It's an instinct for Alec to protect Magnus. He also realized that Alec would die for Magnus. But never wants to leave Magnus either...

That's when Jace truly realized something.

Jace walked to the bedroom and knocked on the door.

"Alec?"

No response

"Alec?"

No response

Jace turned the handle noticing that it was unlocked. He opened the door to see Alec laying on his side. He seemed to be lost in thought. Jace walked over to Alec and sat on the edge of the bed.

"No." Alec growled at Jace.

"Got it. Need space." Jace got up sitting in one of the armchairs.

Jace looked around the room until he finally decide to talk.

"Alec I know you probably don't want to talk, but just hear me out." Jace begged. Seeing that Alec stayed quiet, he continued

"Alec I'm sorry if I offended you or made you mad in anyway. But I need to you understand that it wasn't in my control."

Alec instantly shot up glaring at Jace "What do you mean? Your in my body of cou-" Jace cut him off

"It's not that simple Alec. Even though I'm in your body, your thoughts are still here. When Magnus was on the ground it was like your body had a gravitational pull to Magnus' body. The first set thoughts that popped in your head was to see if Magnus was okay. To see if Magnus was injured. To protect Magnus. You know that I would never do anything to hurt what you and Magnus have. You two have something special and strong. I would never ever try to get in between that. Alec your happy and I would never take that away from you."

Jace and Alec stared at each other before Alec broke it grinnng causing Jace to grin back.

"Are we cool?"

"Yeah we're cool." Alec stated before they pulled each other into a brotherly embrace.

Alec pulled away from Jace looking at him with a calm expression,
"You know, your right though."

"Right about what?"

"That even though I'm in your body, I still have your thoughts. Your thoughts are very annoying." Alec said.

Jace asked annoyed "Wow. How are my thoughts annoying?"

"I wanna think about Magnus, but your thoughts keep screaming out Clary. I can't believe I'm saying this for once but you know what you need to do?"