nine

I sat on the couch watching some cheesy romance movie all by myself. Just in some leggings and a t shirt. Steph and I talked about what happened with Jackson and we spent the day watching movies. Of course, Mitch showed up wanting to go for lunch with Steph. They invited me but I kindly declined.

I was enjoying my time watching sad movies and eating junk food, until there was a knock at the door. I got up and opened the door to see Auston.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Uh, Mitch and Steph left like an hour ago, you can stay and wait if you-"

"Oh, uh Mitch asked me to come by... Just to make sure you're doing alright." He cut me off. Well ok then.

"You could've texted me." I replied.

"Yeah but you'd just lie to me and say you're fine." He said. That was true.

"Well you're here and you can see i'm clearly fine." I said.

"Clearly, you're not. You're watching more shitty romance movies. I'm here to cheer you up." Auston made his way past me and into the apartment. I closed the door and just looked at him.

"Have you ate lunch? Want me to make you something?" He asked kindly.

"I'm good, I ate earlier and had some snacks." I replied sitting on the couch. I looked at the tv screen and saw the ending credits roll down. Dang he made me miss the ending.

"Are you gonna put another movie on? I'll watch one of your dumb sappy movies with you." Auston offered sitting beside me.

"I guess so." I shrugged standing up.

"Put on your favourite one, I want to see whatever one is your favourite."He said. That was weird. He suddenly has an interest in what I like? I stood up and looked through the movies I have. I grabbed 10 Things I hate about you and put that in the dvd player, taking the other one out.

"This ones your favourite?" He asked. I sat down beside him again and nodded.

We were a quarter through the movie and I couldn't help but keep looking over at Auston. Why was he here? Why is he being so kind? Does he want to like hook up again?

I dragged myself out of my thoughts when I realized I placed my own hand on his thigh. Just like he does to me all the time. so moved I it up and down slightly.I needed something to get my mind off of the whole Jackson situation. Something to help me get over it and maybe this could be it. Would he want to hook up with me now?

That question was answered when I felt his hand on mine. He laced his fingers with mine. Guess it's a no. I looked up at him and he just smiled at me. I just let it be.

"Mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Bot even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." I recited from the movie. The movie was almost over and we were still holding hands.

"Wow this really is your favourite isn't it?" Auston chuckled.

"Yeah." I yawned. I was getting tired. Who knew spending your day watching movies and doing nothing would be so tiring?

"Tired?" He asked. I nodded. He let go of my hand and lifted his arm gesturing me for me to lay into his side. I cuddled into him and he put his arm around me.

"It's okay if you fall asleep, I don't mind." He said. I just put my head on his shoulder and continued to watch the end of the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up practically laying on Auston. We were cuddling on the couch and he was still asleep. I sat up and grabbed my phone from the table and looked through my notifications.