- C h a p t e r 42 -

Ciao Amores,

Forgive me for the late update. Time and time again I've mentioned that I don't like to give y'all just another chapter.

I hope this chapter makes up for the delay.

Here's the Forty-second Installation of Italian Coffee House.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

ENJOY XD.

XO,
Ang

------

Niccolò's Chocolate House

Chapter 42

*Nico*

Touring Italy was not something I'd seen in our near future. And yet, here we were in the back seat of a vehicle, on our way to Piazza IV Novembre. It was nothing short of a blessing to be here with her. She could've been hospitalized, or worst. But thank God, Ada was alright and our babies were very much active. Now if that wasn't phenomenal news, then I didn't know what was.

These past few days weren't at all what I had expected. To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. Certainly not that we would find ourselves out here. It goes to show that even from a dreadful encounter, something remarkable can form. My life was a testament to that. What's more? Ada and I had the opportunity to build a stronger foundation and strengthen our bond. What better time did we have to seize the moment?

The days wore on since we'd last had any form of communication with our friends and family. Although, I wasn't worried. This attack seemed to extend solely to Ada, and for reasons still not clear to me. If someone had a desire to take Krysta or Tionnè, they had the chance when they'd taken my wife. However, I didn't that was the case.

At the moment, I was more worried about Papa. Given his condition, anything could offset his reality. Even though he'd come so far with Josie's help, he was still fragile. He was Ada's next of kin. The only one left of her bloodline. I don't think she could stomach if something were to happen to him, especially in her absence.

Heck, Papa was the closest thing I had to a paternal influence. Notwithstanding Julian and Danu, of course. However, the fact remains that I wouldn't be able to bear it if something happened to him either. I would have given anything, right then, to know that he was in good health. For both our sakes. Anything, so that Ada could feel safe again, in spite of what had transpired. However, until the threat was eradicated, we were on edge.

In the mean time, courtesy our hosts, we had a vehicle to accommodate our stay in Italy. Demetrius and Ortensia were very generous and had agreed, that until there was no longer threat to Ada's life, we wouldn't make so much as a move without security. Hence, the two men chaperoning us. We had strict guidelines to check-in, on an untraceable phone, which Demetrius had provided. Every hour, on the hour. Until we returned to the Salvatore den.

Currently Michele and Cristian, as Demetrius had referred to them, were taking us through the thoroughfares of the Umbrian region. A scenic route if I ever saw one. The plan was to indulge in the Eurochocolate festival, have dinner at an underground restaurant, catch a gondola ride and maybe even go for stroll. All in all, the idea was to get my wife's mind off of the troubles of late.

My father used to rave about the innumerable prestigious sights and festivals he'd been to. Two things he loved, antiques and chocolates. Exploring Italy would be the perfect blend of both. I would often joke that my and my sister's love for chocolate took root from his side of the family. Krysta used to say, so severe was his love of antiques, that he married our mother. Clearly, I was a terrible influence on her, but I did the best could with what we had.