- C h a p t e r 43 -

Ciao Amores,

Hey there, you gems, I couldn't start this chapter without thanking you so much for your support in the way of your friendship, comments, votes and recommendations to your friends.

I wouldn't have made it this far without your passion and zeal for romance. I value your take on my ideas so please feel free to loosen up, break those chains and give me your thoughtful analysis.

In my experience, as a reader, it inspires a writer. Gives them direction and focus to create a vision of where they want a story to go. Asks questions, get into the minds of the characters.

Undeniably, sometimes I may lose my perspective, my way forward. But, you guys, you help to pull me back. To snap me back on track with your thoughtful comments. So thank you again.

Cheers to the forty-third installation of Italian Coffee House. I'm thrilled you made it.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

P.S. Very quickly I would like to conduct a poll. Which do you think are the most memorable quotes from each of the following characters:

- Adaramola
- Niccolò
- Krysta
- Tionnè

I will choose quotes for every character to be featured on my Author IG: written_in_the_heart. Please go show some love by hitting that follow button. The page is solely dedicated to writing.

ENJOY XD.

XO,
Ang

------

Niccolò's Chocolate House

Chapter 43

*Dari*

*This Chapter contains a few graphic scenes. Please be advised.*

The car swerved suddenly to the left. Nicky and I tumbled toward the right passenger door of the backseat. Fortunately for me, his body shielded me from the force of the impact which seemed to be his intention. He, on the other hand, groaned in irritation. However, despite his discomfort, secured me in his arms.

"This is not happening." I breathed out, trying my best to keep it together. Either I took that route or I might just end up doing something incredibly stupid.

"Ada, baby, take a deep breathe." Nicky cooed, cupping my face between the palm of his hands. He urged me to look into his eyes, until my breathe had evened out.

I nodded in confirmation. Nicky caressed my cheek with the back of his thumb, smiling briefly despite himself. He trained his eyes on the cellular device in his hand before hitting speed dial.

"Do you want us to be free of this? No more hiding?" Nicky prompted, running his hand through my locs whilst touching our cheeks together lightly in a hug. It was a miracle that I even understood him. "To put this behind us, we have to get out in front of it. Play along. I won't let them harm you."

We stayed like that until the vehicle came to a halt. The driver came out of the vehicle pointing his firearm at us through the window indicating for us to get out of the car. His eyes landed on mine briefly and a shiver ran through me.

Nicky opened the door, stepping out slowly unto the brick road. I followed suit taking Nicky's arm from behind, as he created a barrier between me and the frenzied driver.