Guess What

Nightwing and Kid Flash's names where announced as they arrived, their bodies become visible after a few seconds. The bird's eyes where both concentrated on the floor as he nervously pulled at his gloves, though both arms where concealed. Wally, on the other hand had a goofy grin on his face, nothing out of the normal. He sped around before arriving back at the bird's side. He looked at him silent before speaking.

"Kaldur and the rest are the only ones here." He spoke, his voice energetic despite what had been going on. Dick nodded quietly, running his hand through his hair.

"C'mon." Wally smiled reassuringly at his bird before grabbing his hand and speeding over to where the original team members where. He skidded to a stop in front of them with Nightwing besides him. For what felt like hours, everyone was silent, taking in the bird in front of them. He seemed quieter, sadder. They had no idea how much he had changed, mainly because they had never bothered to check up on him. Never bothered to call, or even stop and say hi, to check how he was doing. The same thoughts faced through their minds, one in particular: Why couldn't they have put their anger aside for one moment, just to check up on him? Things surely would've been different.

Everyone continued to stare at him silently until Artemis, the blonde archer rolled her eyes at the silence and staring and uncrossed her legs, standing up. Everyone's eyes followed her as she walked over to the blue bird, having Wally step aside, and wrapped her arms around the weak bird in an embrace. Dick was stiff for a moment, before hesitantly hugging back. Artemis sighed after a moment and pulled away, looking at the bird's mask faced and his rather sad expression.

"Wally told us everything.." She spoke in a sad voice. "Dick, we're so sorry. All of us. We never meant to make you feel like everything that happened was your fault."

Dick looked away. "You.. You guys don't have to apologize. For anything. I shouldn't have lied to any of you."

M'gann was the next to speak. She stood up, shaking her head. Flying over to the bird, she landed right in front of him and took his hands in her green ones.

"We yelled at you, kicked you out, and made you feel horrible about yourself. Everything is all of our faults."

"M'gann is right." Conner spoke up, walking over alongside Kaldur. "You where doing what you thought was best, and instead of trying to understand, we all just blamed you."

"You saved all of our lives, friend. Yet, the many of us only overlooked that. And, for that, we are sorry." Kaldur apologized, although none of what happened really was his fault.

"Its alright." Nightwing replied to the four of them. "Really." He wore a small smile on his masked face.

M'gann quickly gave him a tight hug before Artemis began to speak up. "Ugh, too many emotions." She spoke, a smirk on her face, which earned an eye roll from Wally, while Conner simply nodded.

"May I suggest we do something?" Kaldur spoke, knowing it had been a while since they all hung out. Not as heroes. As friends.

M'gann jumped up and down, before squealing. "We can go to that one place. With the pizza!" She practically yelled. How could someone get so excited over such a simple thing?

Wally almost immediately nodded. He felt like he hadn't eaten in days and was starving. "I'm in." He smiled.

"Sure." Artemis spoke, Conner nodding. The four looked at the bird who smiled and nodded.

The original members decided to meet up at the said shop in 45 minutes, that way they could all have a chance to get ready and out of the suits they wore. The group of original members found their way out of the room, but where stopped by the sight in front of them.

There stood Lagoon Boy, Impulse, Robin, Beast Boy, and the other young superheroes.

Lagoon Boy spoke up first, his arms crossed as he looked at all of them. "Did you guys hear about Nightwing?" He began, glaring at the bird, who took a slight step back. "Or what he's been doing?"

"La'gaan." Kaldur warned, feeling as if he knew how this was going to end.

"Kaldur." La'gaan shot back. "They all deserve to know what's been happening."

Kaldur was quiet, yet he glared at La'gaan.

"I was passing by earlier, minding my own business when I happened to hear all of them talking. About him."

"La'gaan!" M'gann warned, Nightwing silenced and looking down, as if he wanted to disappear. Robin's eyes where on his older brother. He wanted, needed to know what's been happening.

"-- I couldn't help but overhear Wally here say something about Nightwing hurting himself?" La'gaan continued, ignoring M'gann. "Cutting, even starving."

The bird now felt as if he couldn't breath. He felt two hands on his arms and looked back at Wally, who reassured him everything was fine.

"La'gaan!" Artemis' voice was stern, serious. Angered. The Artemis everyone wanted to avoid.

La'gaan now silenced, his arms crossed. Blue Beetle, alongside Impulse seemed shocked at what the atlantian had said. Beast Boy was quiet, his hands held behind his back as he looked at the ground. Robin was... He didn't know what he was. He was a mix of emotions. Guilty, sad, and angry. God, he felt angry. Angry at himself for being one of the reasons Nightwing felt this way, and angry at the blue bird for daring to cut and try and end his life. He couldn't believe how selfish he was. Selfish. Robin looked up at his older brother who took several steps back before running off, the tubes announcing his leave. Everything was silent before Kaldur spoke up.

"I hope you're proud of what you just did, La'gaan." He spoke, the boy he was talking to not replying.

M'gann, Conner, Artemis, Wally, and Kaldur all looked at each other before they raced off to the tubes, needing to find the bird.