Prologue

I hid in the comfort in my bed. Daddy was home from work. I locked my door and acted like I was sleeping. Someone knocked on the door.

"Layla open the door, sweetie." A feminine voice said. That's not daddy, that's mommy. I walked over to the door with caution. I slowly unlocked the door. The door creaked as I opened it. It was mommy standing there.

I let out a smile and hugged her tightly. "Why are you here?" I asked as I broke the hug. She pulled something off her poke belt.

"Take these." She said with a warm smile. She handed me three poke balls. I took them from her hand. "I'm sorry, baby. I am doing all I can." She said as a couple lone tears fell down her face.

"Why are you crying?" I asked but she ignored the question. "One more day." She said as she stood up and walked away. At this point tears were rolling down my tiny 6 year old face. I ran after her but it was too late. She was gone.

"MOMMY!" I screamed. I heard the front door open. I ran to the door but it was not who I expected. It was daddy. He was obviously mad.

"Where's your mother going?" He asked but I ignored him and put the poke balls somewhere out of sight. Daddy never wanted me to become a trainer. He walked over and slapped me.

"Answer me you ungrateful little brat!" He yelled at me. "She left." I said as I held my stinging cheek. He walked over to the counter and picked up a knife.

He walked back over to me and pulled up one of my long sleeves. It revealed all of the other scars that were there. At least a dozen were on each arm. He placed the knife on my skin.

"You're the one who made her leave." He scowled as he pressed the knife deeper. Blood oozed out of the flesh wound, I winced in pain.

"Go up to your room." He said as he took the knife out. "What about dinner?" I asked but immediately regretted asking. "You get none. Now get your ass upstairs before I let my pokemon out." He growled.

I turned away and ran upstairs taking the three pokeballs with me. I locked the door and slowly slid down it. I thought of a saying mommy used to say. 'Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you're okay.' Sounded easy, but it's not. Smiling for the person who hates you isn't easy.

Nor is being the daughter of one of the most popular, and not to mention successful, pokemon ranger of the time. But daddy is making mommy leave and blames it on me.

But I know, mommy doesn't like daddy. Which means I shouldn't like daddy. I held the bleeding arm. It hurts. But mommy leaving, hurts even more. I want the hurting to stop. I want all the pain to go away.

"Why can't I be normal!?" I yelled. Suddenly everything stopped. It felt like time itself stopped moving. I opened the door. Daddy was frozen in the hallway.

Not moving but yet he was standing. Still holding a beer, like always. I walked out of the house. And as if magic happened in a pulse, time started again.

"Was that me?" I questioned as I looked at my hands. I started to run. Run as fast as I could away from that place. As fast as I could and I never looked back.Time returned to normal as another pulse, was sent through my body.

That was six years ago

I am currently the champion of Unova and Kanto.

I have held these title since I was ten.

He was my downfall and my demise.

He made me leave him.

He made my life this way.