3

Naomi's POV

A few weeks later after a lot of packing. I was set to go to the boarding school. "Naomi! Are you ready yet? We are leaving in 5 minutes!" mother shouts, whilst I was still drying my hair.

"In a minute!" I shout back. Eventually, I give up trying to dry my middle-length, black, hard to maintain hair, and went out of my room with soaked hair on my shoulders. At least my makeup was on point.

When I walked out with her sling-bag across her chest, mom passed right in front of me, all prepared for the day ahead. She gave me a quick glance, but then stopped in her tracks, arms crossed, facing me with a stern glance.

"NAOMI LEE MAURITZ!!""Yes...?", I replied wondering why mother was screaming at me. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT USING MAKE UP?? YOU ARE NOT THERE TO ATTRACT BOYS, BUT TO GET AN EDUCATION!!" mother shouted to me. "Who said that I wanted to attract boys? I am not even looking for a relationship, considering what happened last time..."

I saw my mother's face filled with hesitation because of the mention of the topic. "I - I know that, dear. But please, take the makeup off, I am not risking losing my daughter to some fancy – dandy good looking lad". Mother pleaded to me. "Fine..." I went back to the bathroom and remove my makeup, but only adding a small touch of eyeliner and lip gloss.

We then went downstairs -- thankfully my mother does not realize that I added a bit of makeup -- and rushing to get into the car. It takes a couple of minutes just to reach the new building that I will soon learn and live in.

As we enter the gates to the building, I saw a large sign that says 'Madam Elizabeth's Academy' all in cursive. Great, a school filled with preppy, rich, snobby kids. My mother stopped at the lobby of the academy. Students using uniforms with different colours are walking here and there talking and staring at my family's car in confusion.

"Well...", mother breathed out "This is it. Go, enjoy life!" She said with a smiley face. "But, remember..", with a scary tone, "No touching!!" Then her face returned to her happy self, "Now, MAKE YOUR MAMA PROUD!!!".

I flinched at how loud my mother was and said goodbye to her. I went out to the back of the car to get my luggage. As I was about to open the trunk to grab my luggage, suddenly a hand was placed on top of my hand, sadly..it was not my hand. More upsetting...it was a guy's hand. Even more upsetting...my mother is glancing back and forth at me.

I look up to take a look at the owner of the hand. HOLY SH— my mother is going to kill me. Sorry mother, but he is just sooooo attractive. I can die right now and my life would be complete, is this real? Is it?

Okay..breathe..don't die.

I glance back at my mother, hearing an annoyed cough coming from her.

I quickly put my hand away, avoiding the oh-so-wonderful contact I have just encountered.

He then finally started talking, "Uhhhh.. Salutations! My name is Logan Sherman and I was told to help you with the luggage" "Why? YOU think that I can't carry my own luggage?" Tch, typical man and their sexist ways. "No, no, no, no, no, I just want to help you because I was told to, but.." he pauses with a slightly smug smirk "I guess I should leave you alone and you have to find your dorm room all by yourself then".

"Wait! Hold up, okay, chill. I thought you were only going to help with luggage. You didn't say anything about taking me to my dorm room."

"So..do you want me to help?" He looks at me with one of his eyebrows raised. I can tell he is confused as hell with me. I mean...I am too.

I glanced back at my mother. Well..he is only helping with luggage..and taking me to my dorms. Won't hurt now, would it?

"Alright, you can help me. But hands off of my luggage!" I pretend to be upset.