Chapter 38

The silence was killing me, there was no arguments going on;no one shouting at anyone or telling them off. Or something crazy going on here.

It was a mistake staying here. I closed my eyes hoping I would fall back to sleep but I was kidding myself. It wasn't going to happen.

I wanted the halls filled with the sounds of my brothers arguing who was going to wake me up? Who was going to take us to school and such?

Christmas was a time where we all argued more half of us didn't want to celebrate and the other half wanted to.

In the end we would then for the new year we would get something of the person we haven't been getting along with and we would throw it into the fire and we would let it all go. It doesn't make sense but it does to us. Sometimes we do it with a note.

Cole snores filled up the room. I pulled the covers off myself and walked into the bathroom quietly. I took a shower. I got changed.

I walked out of my room. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could do this! I could stay here just after Christmas and I'll be fine. Nothing would happen.

Evan appeared in front of me. He looked at me. "Are you alright?"

I opened my eyes and looked at him. I nodded. "Everything is fine."

"Are you coming down for breakfast?"He asked as he looked at me weirdly. "Carter makes a mean pancake."

"I'll be down."

He nodded and walked down the stairs. It was like I glue in the spot I was standing I couldn't make myself move or anything.

Maybe this was a bad idea? I could ask Olive if I could stay with her?

A giggle entered the atom sphere. I turned my head to see Gray shirtless and Olive with his top on. Kissing away. She pulled away. "I need to have some breakfast."

Grayson chuckled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "You go do that and I'll be down in a second."

Haven't seen Gray this happy in ages. They let go of each other Olive turned around to see me stood there. Her cheeks goes red. "Ermm.....Riv?"

"Don't worry about it."

She nodded at me. "Aren't you coming down for breakfast?"

I nodded.

"Why don't we go down together?"

I nodded at her. "Yeah sure."

We walked downstairs into the kitchen to see my brothers sat down just talking.

"Hey Riv."Douglas smiled at me.

"Hey Doug." I took the seat next to him.

"Do you want pancakes?"Carter asked. "Strawberries and Nutella?"

"Yeah."

"So what are you doing today?"Aiden asked as he sipped on his orange juice.

"I'm going out with a friend."

"A friend? Do you mean Olive?"Evan said as he bit his lip. Trying to surprised tone.

"Yes I have a friend. His name is Kayden."

"Where are you going with this Kayden? Does he know you have a boyfriend?"Bryce said in an annoyed tone.

"Yes he does know I have a boyfriend. We are going to the pictures."

-

"That was so good!"I said as I got up from my seat.

Kayden chuckled. "Shame it had to end so quickly."

"I know."

I turned around and waited for the people to leave our row so we could go. The lights were still not on. The lady in front of me walked down the row I walked behind her.

We were leaving, just by the doors where it was really dark only light was the exit sign. I thought they would loads of people but there wasn't.

I felt a hand on my hip. Then I felt something sharp poking my back.

"K-Kayden?"

A hand appeared on my mouth, a man appeared in front of me and he had a balcova and a white mask on top.

He got out the spray I started to kick and then the man pressed the cap and everything went blurry.

Cole p.o.v

"Do you know this new friend of hers?"Grayson asked as he took a sip of his orange juice.

"Have you met him?"

"Have you talked to him?"

"Do you know who he is?"

I was bombarded with questions, I took a spoonful of the cereal and gulped it down.

"Tell us!"Aiden said as his fingers tapped aganist the surface.

"I haven't met him nor talk to him. I don't know who he is. But she says he's good friend. I've seen him briefly."

Bryce burst out laughing. "Funny joke now tell us."

"It's the truth."

"You don't know who the fuck he is but yet my sister hangs out with him."Evan said.

"It's not like that. I'm going to meet him today after I pick her up from cinemia."

"Does she know that?"Douglas asked.

I shook my head for no. "I'll surprise her."

"I think she doesn't want you to meet him you know. Come on think about it."Carter stated as he sat down on the surface. "If she did you would of met him by now."

"Carter might be on to something."Evan added.

"She wouldn't."Gray said as he looked at everyone."Maybe she doesn't want to scare him away yet?"

"It's her friend not her boyfriend!"Aiden said.

"Well if he's handsome I would do the same because my boyfriend would feel so threatened even if I tell him not to worry about it."Olive explained. "And my brothers would make a big deal of it so yeah I understand I would do the same!"

"I would never feel threatened!"Me and Gray said in sync.

Olive laughed. "Okay."

-

"Where is she?"Evan asked as we stepped back into the car.

I shrugged my shoulders. "She should be here!"

"Well she hasn't gone home."

I called her again and this time there was an answer.

"Hey Ivy where are you?"

"If you want to see her you'll follow my instructions."a deep voice spoke over the phone.

"Who the hell is this?"

"Your worse nightmare."