Chapter 1

I was born with no real parents. I knew my parents hated me that is why I left. I started understanding life at a young age which is why I left my parents when I was 11. My mother was Korean and my father was American. I knew they would divorce one day and I didn't want to experience it at all.

My mother was a drug addict and my father kept making sexual harassments with other strangers or women. The last time I saw my parents was when my mother tried killing my father while she was drunk. Mom saw me and she tried killing me too. I ran away in the dark and cold. That was the time where my real family found me.

The only family I know is my brother, Eunwoo. I am calling him my brother because he stayed with me for the rest of my life. Now I'm 16 and internally emotionless. I don't know what's right and what's wrong.

My brother built my feelings and built "me" and I know that the only person who created me was my brother. We both live alone in the house and I think it's fine. Most of the people around me keep asking me about my parents, but my answer was always, "I don't know what you call, 'parents'."

I had no friends. No "best friends" which is why I don't really hangout with people. I was not sociable enough. There was that only Canadian boy that always tried to be my friend. I didn't want to ignore him because I know it feels bad being ignored.

We started hanging out together. He once asked me for a date but I refused. I didn't know what a date was.

I was still not built properly. There was something missing. I tried so hard to find it or "him" but there were always no answers to my questions. No responds to my replies and importantly, no explanations to my thoughts.

The only emotions I show were happiness, joy, sadness, guilt, etc. There was that only emotion that kept locked in my heart for a long time, anger. My anger was not released till it was time for it. The right time for it.

Mark, the guy I was talking about, was pretty handsome and all girls in the school fell for him. When he asked me for a date I got hated by a lot of students but they won't bully me because they know Mark won't like it. That's the only thing that makes me lucky.

No. I am not using Mark. I like Mark and I don't really want to trap him in the friend zone. I still can say, he is a very handsome, cute, kind, best-smile, and great-hoodies guy.

Plus, Mark now has a girlfriend, but he still walks with me whenever he sees me alone and asks me if I was free so I could hangout with him. His girlfriend is very kind and nice. She always asks me to hangout with her or have a slumber party together. It made me have fun and at least have feelings of joy.

And here my story begins...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Wake up! It's 7:30 in the morning! You will be late again!"

It was the first day of school. And... no, I'm not excited nor depressed. It was just a normal day for me. I was never excited for summer or for school. Eunwoo, as always, was the one who wakes me up every morning. He was the one who took care of me.

"Ok. Ok. I'm up."
"I made you pancakes! Cmon!"

Eunwoo always tried to make me happy. And I actually get happy, to be honest. We watch anime together, cook together, play video games together, and well... live together.

School was boring as always. I was not getting good marks last year, but I will try hard to get better marks this year. I want to make Eunwoo proud and happy.

Mark lives just at the end of my street and I sometimes meet him there. We high-five then start walking to school talking about random stuff. He never talked about his girlfriend because he doesn't like bragging about the things he got.

"Have fun! Make sure to be sociable this year because there may be bullying."
"Don't worry. I'll just hangout with Jihee."
"Ok. Bye, berry."
"Hey! Don't call me that!"
"Haha. Sorry. Have fun."
"I will! Bye."

Who is Jihee? She is Mark's girlfriend. I think she is the only one suitable to hangout with since I don't really want to sit with anyone.

I tried walking faster than usual because I'm late. As I was walking I heard Mark yell my name. I looked to my right and saw him waving. He ran towards me smiling as we high-fived. I tried to look happy and enjoying the moment.

"You late too?" He started.
"Yeah. Let's go."

We started walking to school. There are a lot of stuff I need to mention about Mark. His father is Korean and his mother is Canadian. It's actually unusual here in Seoul. Mark knows how to talk in Korean unlike me. I can say simple words and try hardly to make out a sentence. Mark was pretty happy about having a foreign classmate. We had most of the classes together which is something I have to be thankful of.

"Oh my god! Jeong!"

That's my name. Jeong... means pure. I don't know why "pure" specifically but what I know is that my parents fought for giving me a name. And ended up with "Jeong".

"Um. Hi?" I replied to Jihee's yelling.
"I missed you so much! How was summer?"
"Summer was great. You?"
"My summer was great too!"

2 seconds passed and the bell rang... it was time for class. The class that changed my life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello everyone. Thanks for reading the story. 💜
Note: this is not a fanfiction. You can just imagine it like that if you want to.

Please be patient for the next chapters.

Make sure to vote (̑̑)