Chapter 6

"Another rival. A really bad one."

I stared at nothing. Having those feelings of anger. I actually had mixed feelings. I wanted to puke so badly. My brain made it have strange hits in my guts. I didn't want to move on or do anything to solve this. But there were those demonic thoughts who pushed me to an answer.

Do it... end it all.

I started hearing strange voices in my brain. Why now? I don't know what my rival is up to. I don't know what's her goal. I still don't know anything. But why does it feel like I already know. Why does it feel like I already know everything?

Just by looking at Wonho. I knew he was up to something too. I know he will help me out and will give me the chance to find my way out of these cruel thoughts.

I suddenly felt relieved when I knew that someone is still there with me. I felt relieved when I knew that I wasn't the only one who has those thoughts. Those thoughts that if they were spread to everybody's brain, the earth will get destroyed.

"JEONG!" I can hear Wonho saying my name and realized he was already repeating it for the fifth time. "Sorry. What is it?" Wonho put his hands on his pockets and made a long sigh. "I don't really know how to help you now. If you are up to something, I'm ready. You can call me on the number I texted you from."

Wonho walked away with an expressionless face. I sighed nervously and walked to the school gate. Mark was standing there waiting for someone. I stopped walking and waited to see who he was waiting for curiously. The time passed and the person didn't come yet.

I walked towards Mark. "Oh. Jeong. I was waiting for you." My eyes widened for a second when I had a thought about how stupid I am. I tried not making a reaction. I faked a smile and then started walking back home with Mark.

"Your brother called me. He told me that we both have to go to your house." He said while looking forward. I looked at him and then stared at his jawline. It was actually the first time he opened a conversation without giving me eye contact. I tilted my head forward. "Why? Is there something wrong?"

"He seemed fine. But I don't really know why he wanted me to come with you."

I nodded nervously and continued walking. For some reason, I can feel Mark's heartbeats. He took a deep breath. Time passes quickly, we already arrived home. I took out my keys and opened the door.

"I'm home." I yelled.

There was no response. I had a bad feeling. Mark entered after me and closed the door. "Where is Eunwoo?" He asked as he scanned the house. "I don't know. He usually runs to the door when I come back. That's weird."

I went to the kitchen hoping he's making some food. He was not there. Mark walked towards the fridge. I thought he would be hungry but he took off a sticky note that was stuck in the fridge's door.

Hi watermelon! Im out in the grocery store to get some stuff for the house. Don't worry, I will get your favorite cereal. I told Mark to come with you so you won't be alone. Have fun!

Mark smiled as he read this. I took the paper from him and read it. This was embarrassing. I told Eunwoo many times not to call me weird names. I threw the paper in the trash and went to my room. I don't know why I didn't say a thing to Mark and I think he got annoyed because of it so I decided to open a conversation.

"So," I said as I sat in my bed, "how was your day?" Mark put his bag on the floor and sat beside me as he leaned forward to rest his elbows on his knees. "Fine."

It didn't look fine. It didn't look fine at all. I looked directly at his eyes to make sure he isn't lying. Just as I thought, he's lying. "What's bothering you?" Mark hummed questionably trying to convince me that he is completely fine. "Don't make me repeat myself. What's bothering you?"

I get angry when someone I care of is feeling down. I get angry because I know they're feeling down because of someone else. Mark rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "You caught me." He giggled trying to make me feel relieved, unfortunately, this doesn't work on me.

My face was expressionless the whole time and he finally got the idea that I was pretty serious about it. I was serious. "Tell me." He exhaled and opened his mouth to talk.

"You."

Did I do something wrong? I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. I was actually confused. He did not dare to look at me. He just looked at the picture hanging on the wall in front of him. A picture of a dead rose with blood surrounding it. He got disturbed by it. I poked him to bring his attention back to me.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Um—" I looked at him angrily waiting for an answer. I became impatient and he knew it because of the deep sigh I made.

"You didn't- I mean. You're just keeping your distance away from me. That's it." I actually got more confused. When did I actually do this? Everyday was a normal day and I don't get it. "What do you mean?"

"We didn't go to school together the last two days. And... you've been hanging out with that guy."

"Who?"

"Stop acting as if you don't know. Sorry to ask that but, are you ignoring me?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm apologizing but I was not ignoring you. I... forgot."

"You... forgot about me?"

"Not about you. I mean. I've been busy doing something important."

"Will I bother you if I asked you what the important thing is?"

"Sorry, I can't tell you."

I can feel Mark. He's feeling uneasy now. I don't know what's really bothering him. He suddenly opened his eyes widely and looked at me questionably.

"Who- who was that guy?"

"A friend."

"I never knew you got friends. Is he someone close to you?"

"He is just helping me out with stuff. Don't give yourself a headache with these questions. My life won't be so crucial to others."

"Right. I'm sorry. Haha. Who am I to ask you after all."

He smiled at me. I Tried fake smiling again and then just sat there staring at the rose picture. This picture actually looks pretty. Giving you ideas of positivity and negativity. It actually depends. When you're in a good mood, you can say that this rose is coming back to live and that the blood around it would heal it. But when negativity is filling your brain, you think about this rose dying and the blood around it is all the thoughts that might kill it. I'm obviously from the next type. Where whenever I look at it, I see it dying slowly. Just like me.