3: Walking Home; Waverly

After school, Alia had started walking home. Cayden was acting like a stalker.

"Alia!"

She turned around, placing her hands on her hips.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing. Want a ride?" He asked. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm good, thanks for the offer. Now, run along." She sighed. Was she okay? Cayden wondered.

"Alia... I know you hate me, but this is the least I can do."

She scoffed. "You mean after you deliberately put me into a bet that you knew took advantage of? The bet in which you literally took over, and made me your girlfriend for a month? Even though I literally want nothing to do with you?" She said.

"Alia... please. Let me explain."

"Not enough time."

He sighed. "Fine, but I'm picking you up for school tomorrow. At least let me do that. We're gonna have to be a couple for a month, let's make the best of it."

She rolled her eyes. "If I fake a smile and pretend to be happy that I've got to be with you, will you let me go?" She asked. He nodded.

"Fine. Bye, Cayden."

"Bye, Miss Cheerleader."

She couldn't help but smile. Since Cayden was the football captain, he knew all the cheerleaders. What didn't Alia know? Cayden spent most of his free time on the field against the fence, watching the cheer practice. Which mostly meant watching Alia. He sounded a bit like a stalker, but he wasn't. He just liked her, a little too much.

Alia walked home, and as soon as she got in the door, all she could hear was yelling. Her parents didn't have the best relationship. Her mother wanted her daughter to be just like her, which also meant sleeping her way to the top. Her father was an abusive alcoholic who only stopped drinking at work (which would be great if he had a decent job). Her parents berated her when she was a few minutes late home, because only she could take care of her little brother; they normally left him home to do nothing but hide under his blanket and wait for her to come home.  Her little brother, Waverly, was sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket. Being only four, he had to deal with all the fighting that went on.

"I'm home..." Alia said, dropping her backpack by the door.

"Took you long enough!" her father, Daniel, yelled. He wasn't the nicest man, and he wasn't the most passive person.

"Sorry, cheer practice went a little late, and it started raining."

"Well, get home, faster. If you aren't home, before six next time, I'm grounding you for a month!" He said.

Alia sighed, and ran up to her room. The one thing that irked her the most? Nobody knew what happened at home with Alia Marie Evans. The fact that her dad was abusive, her mother didn't give a damn, and she had to protect her herself and her little brother?

Alia was a "good girl", or how her parents and Cayden used to put it. He always managed to read her like a book, but it was becoming harder. Now he had the chance. A whole month, and he planned to use every moment of it.

"LiLi!" Waverly banged on his sister's door. She got up, and opened the door, smiling at the four-year-old. Alia loved her brother, and he was the only one who could call her that. She didn't mind. Besides the twelve-year age difference, they were really close. Waverly understood his sister on levels no one could ever believe even though he was only four.

"Will you watch a movie with me?" He asked his big sister, and she smiled.

"Of course, Wave." She said, as the four-year-old scampered into her room and jumped on her bed, bouncing up and down.

"Chill..." she laughed. She loved how hyperactive her brother could be, mostly because he was four; he didn't know the things that went on in their house. That's how she wanted it to be; so he wouldn't get hurt.

Waverly grinned at her, and she smiled.

"So, what do you want to watch?"

"Lemme think... FROZEN!!!" he screamed. Alia sighed.

"I think you just blew my ears!" the little boy giggled, as Alia put the movie in the player, and they both sat on her bed, watching the tale.

Before the movie was even halfway over, Waverly was asleep in his sister's arms.