P R O L O G U E

Laughter filled the room. As the Asian Glader threw a grape at the blond British, Amelia chewed on the pizza she held in her hand.

It has been long since she had a night similar to this with her friends. Escaping the maze was the group's greatest achievement - although it did cost many of their fellow men's lives.

They sat in a circle on couches, except Newt who sat on the floor due to insufficient space.

Thomas's arm was draped across her shoulders. She laid her head on his chest as she chatted with Teresa.

The strangers who had rescued them from the Maze were gone. The group didn't care about where their saviours were the moment they laid their eyes on the buffet before them.

"It's great to finally have good food. I mean, Frypan's cooking is not bad but this is better," Minho champed on his sandwich, ignoring the protest from Frypan. The Gladers laughed once again before silence fell over.

"Well, I'm beaten up. Anyone else goin' to bed?" Newt released a yawn as he headed to one of the doors in the room.

The room had two doors opposite from the other. Teresa and Amelia explored and learnt that the doors led to bedrooms.

"We all should. After all, we haven't got shut-eye since we left." They agreed with Winston's comment, standing up and heading to their separate rooms.

"Night, love," Amelia grinned and shut the door.

-

Tom, something's wrong!

The boy heard Teresa's screams in his head, waking him from his slumber. He struggled in replying, as if there was a block between them, preventing him.

THOMAS

Then silence.