The Hangout

I'm watching the Ep 1 from season 2 of Riverdale and I literally have goosebumps. I genuinely didn't realize it had almost been a week since I updating, my goal was to update every second or third day, so I thoroughly apologize for that. 

My English teacher stalked my twitter and found my birthday paragraph for Marina and liked it so that was a little awkward considering she saw me pour my heart out on social media to someone who doesn't know I existttt...  BUT ANYWAYSSSSS, here's the long overdue chapter, Enjoyyy.

Lana's POV

It's been a few days since the sleepover at Mel and Ashleys, they were on their honeymoon now. Myself and Marina had kept in touch over the 5 days apart, just through text. I was actually on my way to hang out with her now. Supposedly, we were just going to relax at her house which I was more than happy with.

"I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.."
I sing quietly to the song played through the speakers of my 1970's Mustang. Her name was Mona, she was inherited from my mother so I took very good care of her. She was mainly white but she had a wide black racing stripe down the middle of her hood. I smiled and adjusted the tinted sunglasses I had on. 

I drove for another 10 minutes through the scenic area that Marina lived in. As I pulled up to her house, I'm greeted with an immaculate modern home. The gates open and I drive into the property, parking my car behind one of her 3. I step out and as I'm locking the door, the one and only Marina Lambrini Diamandis comes out to greet me.

"Elizabeth!" She said happily and hugged me tightly. I laughed softly and hugged her back with the same passion. 
"Hello again Marina" I said into the embrace of both her arms and the scent of vanilla and lavender. As we pull away from the embrace I speak up.
"It's a little weird to say but I just thought you should know, you always smell really good" I laugh at my strange comment as did she.
"Why thank you.. I guess, but so do you if that makes things any less uncomfortable... now that I think about it that just made it worse" She trails off looking at me. We both burst out laughing. I don't know why but I felt like I was already best friends with this woman but in reality, I'd only known her for 5 days. 

"Come on then" She linked her arm through my own and took me inside, giving me a tour as I'd probably get lost just because of the sheer size of the house. 

"You live here alone?" I ask as we settle on one of the large sofas in the living room. 
"Yup" She says proudly.
"Don't you ever get lonely?" I asked. 
"I mean yeah but I do quite enjoy my own company if you will." I nodded in agreement and stand up studying the paintings on the walls. Many of them were quotes from the classics and some where actual paintings, all of which where beautiful. I turn to glance back at Marina and just beyond the couch, I see a white sleek grand piano. A smile immediately finds its way onto my face and I gesture towards the piano. 
"You play?" I asked eagerly earning a small nod and a blush from Marina. 
"I taught myself to play in hopes that it would help me write my songs" She said and I nodded.
"Can you sing me a song?" I asked hopefully giving her pleading eyes. She was seriously debating whether or not to. 
"Do I have a choice?" She asked and I smiled knowing that basically meant yes.

We both moved over to the piano and she took her seat on the Piano stool. She patted the space next to her and I happily sat down. 
"Okay so, this is called Starring Role... I'd explain what it's about but the lyrics speak for themselves" She smiled softly at me and I nodded. She started playing the intro and I had already fallen in love with it. That's when she started singing. I snapped my head to look at her, my jaw basically touching the floor. She had her eyes closed and I stared at her for the first 30 seconds before smiling. I lay my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes, enjoying the song. 

Before I knew it, she finished the song. I sat up and looked at her. She had her head down playing with her fingers. I used my pointer finger to gently make her look at me. 

"Marina that was fucking amazing" I said with every drop of honesty that was in my body. She smiled and blushed lightly at my comment. 

"Okay... now that that's over with.. want to go in the hot tub?" She asked completely out of the blue which I laughed at. 
"So this is why I was sternly informed to bring my bathing suit." We both giggled and carried out our day.

>5 hours later<

I had the best day ever with Marina today, not once did our conversation get stuck and never was there a dull moment. 
"Marina, it's getting late.. I should probably head off soon" I looked at her. She frowned and pursed her lips.
"or.. you could stay over?" she said questioningly.
"If that's alright with you then it's alright with me" I replied causing her to grin.
"Great."

.

Myself and Marina were laying silently on her bed. We both lay on our backs, staring at the ceiling. I was comfortable.

Marina looked at me, I returned the stare.
"Where do you want to sleep?" she asked softly.
"I'm not bothered love, i'd sleep outside if I had to" I said being completely serious. 
"Well you could either sleep here, with me or, on the couch in here or one of the guest bedrooms" She said.

"Okay how about this Marina, Where would you like me to sleep?" I asked and she became flustered. 

"I mean here would be nice I guess" she said quietly, a shy smile appearing on her face. 
"Well then here I shall stay... right after I go out to my car really quick" I laughed softly and sat up.
"I shall be back" I said before heading out to my car and grab the spare clothes I always have kept there in case something like this happened. I locked my car back up then headed back inside and got changed into a loose black shirt and some grey and white pajama shorts.

  (A/N: A WASP JUST FLEW INTO MY FACE ITS 5:47AM IT TOOK ME AN HOUR TO CATCH THIS IS KARMA FOR NOT UPDATING I'M SORRY WATTPAD GODS OKAY?!)  

Before entering Marina's room I knocked gently, making sure I didn't walk in on her getting changed again.

"Come in" She said and I walked in. She was sitting on her bed cross legged - in pajamas - and on her phone. I still couldn't get over her abs. She looked up at me.

"You ready to sleep yet or do you wanna do something?" She asked but I could already see her eyes were slightly puffy from being so tired. I smiled softly at the sight.

"You need to sleep so yeah, i'm ready" I said chuckling softly. She pulled the covers back and got into bed patting the spot next to her. I got into the bed and she turned her lamp off. Soon we were both wrapped up in her covers facing each other, Marina being the first to break the silence. 

"Thank you for spilling wine on my heels Elizabeth" She smiled happily.
"You're very welcome" I replied laughing. We talked for about 30 minutes longer until she yawned. 

"Goodnight Marina, thank you for letting me stay" I said politely, getting comfortable and closing my eyes. I feel warm arms wrap around me and pull me closer. 
"You're very welcome. Goodnight Elizabeth" She said in almost a whisper. I smiled to myself and fell asleep in Marina's warm embrace.

____________________

A/N

1423 Words

After being rudely attacked by a wasp, here is 'The Hangout' 
It's more of a filler chapter, but be patient, it's all in the process of Merna and Lana getting closerrrr. 

But yeah, it's now 6am, the sky is starting to lighten, birds are starting to chirp and I, am going to sleep. 

So goodnight/morning everyone, I hope you hate a great day.

Until next chapter. x.