Chapter 9- Wedding Crasher

The boys stopped and stared in shock. After 27 years, the boys are just now meeting their father.

"Now, please answer my question from before. What's happening here?" Alexander stated.

"An event you weren't invited to." Snapped Maria.

"Maria. I want to fix things. I was a stupid man for leaving you. I want to come back and be with my family again."

Gene snapped out first, leaving Dante to contemplate the information on his own.

"What? First you go and leave us when we were so young, then you come and crash my wedding and now you want to come back?!" Gene spat at his father.

Alexander stepped back. "Don't talk to me like that! You think I was sane when I left. I'm just like everyone else. Wanting to follow my dreams!!"

"What, you never dreamt of being a loving husband and a supportive father?!"

"Don't take things out of context, Gene!"

"Very hard to not do that when you are making up exuses as you go!!!"

"STOP IT YOU TWO!" Maria yells.

The father and son stop to look at her. Dante looks between the two, standing behind his mothers shoulder.

"This is why you two should have never met! Your too similar!" Maria yelled again. It was evident she wanted to get 27 years of anger off her chest.

Dante rested a hand on his mothers shoulder and whispered something to her.

She nodded and sighed. "Sit down." Maria pointed to a bench while looking at the floor.

The identical men didn't move.

"SIT DOWN!" Maria said, anger tinting her tone.

The two scrambled to sit. Dante sat next to his brother, fear and love for his mother battling for dominance.

"There is no excuse for either of your yelling." She turned to Alexander. "There is no excuse for your actions. Gene has a point. You left. It may never had been your intention to have a family, but you made a commitment to me. And you broke it."

Alexander looked ashamed, all anger that could have been was long gone.

Maria turned to Gene and Dante. "I know this is a lot to take in. But this is a celebration of something good. Gene got married tonight. We don't want to tarnish this happy milestone with yelling and fighting."

Finally she turned to all three. She stoped for a moment, looking at each in turn. The silence was thick and unsettling. "I knew this would happen eventualy. There is no easy way to go about this. Alex, these are your sons, Gene and Dante. They have grown to be fine young men. Dante, Gene, this is your father, Alexander.

"You all will stop your quariling. You are family wether you like it or not."

Gene took a moment to consider this. She was right; Alexander was his and his brothers father. Gene wanted so badly to reconnect. He looked up at his mother. She seemed to read his mind and nodded.

Gene turned to his father. Alexander was taken back by this. "Look. I know you left us when we were young. That fuels a lot of anger and negative emotions. But I'm willing to put that behind us. Dad, would you like to come to my wedding? Or what's left of it rather?"

Alexander now had tears in his eyes. His son wanted him. His son wanted to be a part of him again. Alexander wanted to be a part of Gene and Dante and Maria's lives again. He nodded. "Yeah, son. I'd like that."

Gene smiled and hugged his father, both letting tears fall.

Maria smiled and Dante stood up to stand with her.

Alexander stood. He looked at his ex-wife. Without words the two embraced.

Finally, Alexander hugged Dante. "Well. Now that all the yelling and reuniting is over, want to go finish this reception!?" Dante said, pulling away and looking at his family.

"Yeah!" Everyone cried.

"Now who's the lucky woman who's marrying my son?" Alexander said as they all started back for the party.