Chapter 11- The Honeymoon

Gene looked up at the beautiful blue and white beach house he had rented for him, Cam and his family.

Gene and Cam got first pick of a room. They chose one all the way at the end of the hall. Dante got the one next to Gene on the right. And Maria and Alexander got a room together in the other hallway.

Gene and everyone else were suffering from jetlag. They went to bed early.

The next morning, Gene decided to rent a medium gazibo on the beach for him in his family.

Gene sat Cam on the island in the kitchen.

"Are you sure you want to stay here?"

Silence

"Ok. I'll be right back." Gene gave the lid of Cam a quick peck before leaving.

Everyone was asleep, so Cam sat, waiting.

Waiting. Not for Gene.

Waiting. For her time.

Waiting.

"Hello?" A voice said from outside.

A man with a red bandana and a thick, brown beard comes in. His blue eyes scan the room, finally landing on Cam.

"Hello!" He says, happily. He strides over to Cam excitedly. He picks her up and smiles insanely.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Gene is walking home, amazed by the cheap price Guy had him pay for the gazibo.

"Cam! I'm home!" He calls as he enters the foyer. The hearts in his eyes are dim.

He gasps. He drops to his knees, suddenly feeling a sharp pain in his chest.

"C-cam..?" He says. He wishes for a life line. Something to tether him back.

"NOOOOO!" He roars.

Dante and his parents rush down stairs.

"Gene! What's wrong? Are you ok? What happened?" Dante rushes to his brothers side, letting him weep into his chest.

"HOW COULD YOU!?!" Gene roars, looking at the uninvited guest.

"I was hungry," The intruder says. "It was here. Seemed like no one was going to, so I did."

All eyes fell off the weeping Gene, and onto a blue eyed, bearded man.

"Who are you?" Alexander demanded.

"I'm a wizard!" The man cheered.

"YOU ATE MY WIFE!!!" Gene yelled.

Maria came and held Gene close to her, allowing Dante to get up and corner the man with his father.

"It was a soup can! I was hungry!" The man cried as he backed into a corner. He looked frantically at the black haired and blue haired men slowly making a predatory walk towards him. The man gently set something on the counter.

The man suddenly disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Gene continued to sob into his mothers chest, who continued to try to comfort him.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's ok."

Alexander walked towards the object. He was horrified to find Cam, opened at the lid and hollow.

Alexander and Dante hugged Gene, all four of them hugging in the middle of the foyer.

Gene gradually brought his head up. The hearts in his eyes flickered a little, then disappeared. I love you, Gene.

Gene shook his head. "What happened?"

His family gave him worried looks, glancing at each other, then back at him.

Gene stared, confused, at them. Suddenly, he jumped up.

"Oh my Irene!!!" He said. "Finally!"

Maria stood up and looked at her son. "Gene?"

"You guys don't understand!?!"

The three shook their heads.

"That can! It was cursed!! It had me under a spell!!" Gene ran to a mirror, gazing into his own eyes.

He turned back to his family, a large smile splitting his face. "I'm free!" He cheered.

Gene explained what happened. When he found Cam, he was put under a spell, causing him to fall in love. It was a spell made for a prank, which was easily broken. Gene was helpless under the spell. People could know it was a spell because of the hearts in his eyes. Upon Cam's death, the hearts faded, and finally left.

The family was confused, but glad to know he was ok. Gene cleaned up Cam, then took his ring off his ring finger. He studied it.

"What are you gonna do with it?" Dante said coming down stairs in beach appropriate clothes. Their parents were changing now.

"I'm going to keep it." Gene said after a moment. "This was a time in my life, while weird and embarrassing, that I want to remember." Gene took the ring and placed it on his ring finger on his right hand.

He turned to his family. "Ready?"

They all nodded.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

They went to the beach. They figured why waste the trip? The spell was broken and Gene was back to normal.

Alexander and Maria started to hang out more when they all got back to MyStreet. Gene was happy for them.

Gene messed with the wide, silver ring on his finger. He always felt like Cam was still a part of him somehow.

He smiled, feeling another chapter of his life come to a close.