Chapter 1~ The Meet

I walk into the store, brushing a lock of black hair out of my eyes. I walk down the aisles, looking, but not seeing. My phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and look at the caller ID. Dante...? I answer and and say hello.

D- Hey, can you come here? I need your help.
G- Sorry, can't, buying clothes
D-Alright, well hurry up
G-I can't find them
D- What do you mean you can't find them?
G- I can't find them. There's only soup
D- What do you mean there's only soup?
G- It means there's only soup
D- Then get out of the soup aisle!!
G- Alright, don't shout at me!!!
G- THERE'S MORE SOUP! <3
D- What do you mean there's more soup!?!?
G- THERE'S JUST MORE SOUP!!
D- GO INTO THE NEXT ISLE!
G- THERE'S STILL SOUP!!! <3
D- WHERE ARE YOU AT RIGHT NOW!?
G- I'm at soup!!!
D- What do you mean you're at soup!?!?
G- I'M AT SOUP!
D- WHAT STORE ARE YOU IN!?!?!
G- I'M AT THE SOUP STORE!!!!!
D- WHY ARE YOU BUYING CLOTHES AT THE SOUP STORE!!?!?!?!?!?!
G- F*** YOU!!!!

I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket. I hate fighting with him, but sometimes he just doesn't get it. I look up and see a can. Yeah, I'm in a soup store, so there are cans everywhere. But this can stands out from the rest. I approach it with curiosity. I gently pick it up and turn it in my hands. It looks just like it's siblings. Yet, the label shines a little brighter, the metal isn't dented. It's perfect. In a daze, I stare at the can as I walk out of the store, not paying for it. No one cares.

On the way to my rented house at Love~Love Paradise, I pass a brown haired girl who winks at me. I pay no mind, my eyes too focused on the can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup in my hands.  When I reach the house, I put the can gently on the island in the kitchen. I rest my elbows on the marble slab and my chin in my hands.

Then, Dante.

"Hey, bro!!" He said, with a smile on his face. "I must ask again, why did you try to buy clothes at the soup store?"

Dante POV

He didn't answer. He stared intently at a can of soup on the island in the kitchen. Are those,...hearts...in his eyes?

"Bro?"

He sighed contently, not taking his eyes off the can. He lightly stroked the side of it.

"...Bro?"

He didn't answer yet again.

"Alright then...I'm going to the beach. See you later..."

Narrator POV

Dante left the house, entirely confused as to why his brother was falling head over heels for a soup can.

Gene sighed again, tilting his head to the side. "You're beautiful. I mean, I know we just met, but...whoo....look at those curves." 

Gene then realized, this could be more.