Awake

-Thrid Pov-

Astrid layed on the bed, still awake, though she can't really sleep. It's been 8 months since Hiccup became Chief of Berk, and it wasn't easy. The first two months were terrible. Hiccup had nightmares every night of his father death, and he was still new on being a chief. After those, things became a bit easier, though Hiccup still have those nightmares, after Astrid moved in with him; they started to go away. Hiccup proposed Astrid two months ago, and he never seen her so happy in her life. Their wedding was beautiful- so beautiful that it made even Gobber shed a few tears.

She sigh as she moved to the other side, still no process. Then, the door opened downstairs. Excitement filled her blood as she threw the covers and went downstairs. She stand near the staircase, only seen Hiccup in the doorway.

It had been a long day for him, he's exhausted from the meeting and all he wanted was sleep. Hiccup blinked and looked at Astrid. "Astrid... Why are you awake? Did I woke you up?"

"Oh no, I couldn't sleep that's all." Astrid replied.

Hiccup smiled as he enter the house, with Toothless following behind. As he walking towards the staircase, Astrid stopped him.

"You're not going to eat?" She asked.

Hiccup shook his head. "I'm not really hungry."

Hiccup tried to go upstairs but Astrid still stopped him. "Hiccup, you have to eat. Come on, I prepared soup." She grabbed his arm and pulled him to the table.

Hiccup sat down, having an arm balancing his sleepy head. Then a bowl was placed in front of him; he inhales the scent of the soup. Then he slowly pushed it away.

"Hiccup... You have to eat. Please?" Astrid said as Hiccup looked at her. "For me?"

He smiled as he placed his forehead against her's. Then he turned around and began to eat the soup. Toothless snorted as he made his way upstairs.

"Toothless! Come here, I want you to try something." Astrid said as Toothless ears went up.

He went towards Astrid as she stood up. She went towards a pot with a lid on. Grabbing it, she brought it to Toothless. She pulled the lid off, seeing soup similar like Hiccup's is eating. Toothless sniffed at the soup and licked the edges of his mouth.

"Go ahead, I won't be needing it anymore." Toothless began to eat the soup.

"Wait, happened to that one?" Hiccup asked.

"It accidentally overcooked when I was cleaning a spill. I gave some Stormfly and she enjoyed it. So I gave half to her, and saved to other half for Toothless." Astrid replied as Hiccup smiled.

Hiccup finished the soup as he licked his lips. "Gods, that was good. You made this?"

"Yeah, it's a new recipe I have been trying. You like it?" Astrid replied.

"I loved it." He placed head on her left shoulder.

Toothless, who finished his soup for quite some time now, purred at the them. He then slowly made his way towards the stairs. An idea came to Hiccup's mind.

"Hey Toothless." Toothless looked back at Hiccup. "How about we take a midnight flight?"

Toothless smiled widely as he began to jump around. Hiccup slid his hand to Astrid's and held it. "Want to come with us? It would be more beautiful when you're around."

"Weren't you're tired?" Astrid asked.

"Use to, but that soup you made helped."

Astrid smiled as she gotten up and grabbed her boots. She came out and went towards Toothless. They walked outside, as they mounted on Toothless.