Chapter 12: Crushing Down

"Jimin oppa!"

It is Saturday, and as always, Sayu will visit Jimin with Jungkook. Jimin desperately wants to be, wants to act natural with Jungkook. But he can't. Every time he sees him, his heart beats faster and faster.

"S-Sayu" Jimin holds up Sayu just in time before she could trip on a pile of books on the floor.

"Hey Jimin." Jungkook looks towards Jimin while handing him a paper bag full with some freshly made sandwiches.

"Daddy and I made it together. It's not fair if you're the only one who has to cook" she said sweetly while holding Jimin's hand tightly.

"It's nothing much, but I hope it will do." Jungkook smiles and immediately turns away to his daughter.

'What have you done to me, Jungkook?'

Jimin swears his heart fell once Jungkook avert his gaze away from him. He wanted that stare, he wanted Jungkook to smile at him. But at the same time, he's scared.

"Can we go now?" Sayu asks looking at Jimin who couldn't tear his gaze away from her daddy.

"Yes, princess." Jungkook said while taking Sayu's other hand on his and starts to walk.

Jimin was having a battle in his mind right now. He wanted Jungkook. So so bad. But he couldn't let his guard down. He doesn't want to live in that nightmare again. But Jungkook looks so assuring. He looks like he can protect Sayu and Jimin better than Jimin can protect himself.

-

"Jimin. Can we talk?" Jungkook said as soon as they walk back inside the Elderly's oak. He lets Sayu talks with Mr. Yoo and Mr. On and keeping an eye on her while trying to convince Jimin to talk to him.

Jimin nods hesitantly. He's 100% sure that if they talk, Jimin's wall would crushes down. But deep down in his heart, he knows that he need this talk.

"I'm sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to. I just wanted to tell you how I feel. And I kind of expected this kind of reaction from you. I think about this over and over again. But I just can't seem to get you out of my mind. You're perfect Jimin. So, so perfect. I-- *sigh* I just wanted to know if you want to at least give me chance?" Jungkook look at Jimin's face, trying to guess what he's thinking about. But hell, he couldn't even think when he looks at Jimin's beautiful features. Wrong move Jeon!

Seeing that Jimin fixing his gaze either on the floor or his own shoes like it's the most interesting things in this world right now kind of gives Jungkook a signal to just 'give up, life hates you anyway'.

Jungkook sighs and mutters another apology. He turns his back to get to his daughter so that he can forget about this and probably do something for the elders.

"............... how about a dinner tonight at Charlie's restaurant? Just—just the two of us?" Jimin said just enough for Jungkook to snap his head back, looking at Jimin with eyes widened, mouth agape.

"............ wh-what?"

"Umm... before we go any further, I would like us to know about each other first. And I really have something to tell you. After tonight, we both can decide what to do." Jimin fiddles with his chubby little fingers nervously.

".................. Jimin you didn't have to force yourself out of sympathy. I'm completely fine. I—"

"I want this...." Jimin cuts Jungkook's words off. This time, there's a determination in his eyes. Jungkook nods his head, agreed with Jimin's suggestion.

As far as he knows, this second date of theirs just become the most memorable night for both of them. Jimin told Jungkook everything, every single thing that happened to him and why he was so hesitate to accept Jungkook even though he's madly in love with him too. Jungkook on the other hand, being the mature and manly man between them assure Jimin that he would never, never ever face that kind of situation ever again.

The date ended with both of them slowly accepting and building their relationship. No need to be said, of course, Sayu is the happiest person when she knows about their relationship. Jungkook told all his friends about his relationship with Jimin and of course they gladly cheer for him.

It might took months for Jimin and Jungkook to adapt with each other. Jimin, still being the alert one, always be careful of their relationship in public. While Jungkook, on the other hand doesn't give a fuck about what people thinks about him. As long as Sayu and Jimin are happy, he's satisfied enough.

############################################