Hospital

6:00 AM... The doctor told me that Maine was over-fatigue, she also has a weak heart. Knowing her, she can't handle herself that much. I went to her room and saw her still sleeping peacefully. Poor Maine, I wish I could've been there for her the time she was giving birth, the time she needed help, the time she needed support, the time she needed me...

"Thank you, Dr."

I shaked his hand.

"Welcome, Mr. Faulkerson. Now, excuse me."

The Dr. left. I looked at Maine again, and realize how dumb I am. She wouldn't be here, lying in that bed, asking the Lord for help. Oh God, please, do help her... I went behind her bed and kissed her forehead.

"Maine, palakas ka. Kilala kita, hindi ka basta bastang sumusuko, lalaban ka. Lahat ng problema, may solusyon. Lahat ng kabiguan may katapusan. Maine... Maine, I'm begging you, please... Please don't break my heart like this..."

I kissed her forehead once again. I heard several knocks, then the door opened.

"Sir? Sir, are you the father of Gabriel Adrian Mendoza?"

"Ah, yes I am."

"Okay, umm, Dr. Payne requested to bring the baby to you."

"Umm, thanks."

"You're welcome."

The nurse gave Gab to me and I carried him. The nurse left the room, now all of us 3 are alone.
I rocked Gab while talking to him.

"Hey, buddy! Ang gwapo naman ng anak ko!"

Then I played with him for sometime, then fed him, until it reached 10:00 PM... Gab yawned.

"Inaantok ka na? Sige, goodnight kiss ka muna kay mommy."

I stood up and put Gab closer to Maine's face. It's good to see both of your angels together, it feels like you are in heaven. I smiled then Gab yawned once more. There was no other bed in the room so I decided to let him sleep in my arms instead, since I don't want to make it hard for Maine to sleep properly. I sat on the sofa beside Maine's bed, and put my feet up, then I let Gab sleep between my arms. Then I slept.

12:30 AM... Maine woke up.

"Gab?"

Maine sat properly then I woke up.

"Maine? Anong problema? May masakit ba o ano?"

"Ikaw? A-anong ginagawa mo dito? Nasan ung anak ko? Nurse! Nurse!"

I carried Gab quickly then stood up. Maine was panicking, I guess from seeing me?

"Shhh! Maine..."

"Bitawan mo ung anak ko."

"Maine, please... Kausapin mo muna ako ng masinsinan."