The Dream Catcher

~The Next Day at 10:30am~

~Ethans Perspective~

I woke up to the sound of deadly alarms from my phone. I swiped to turn it off and started to get ready for the mall. It only took a little while for me to take a shower and do my hair. I was wearing just a blue T with black jeans and some sneakers. By now it's 10:55 and I decided to shoot G a text.

ENestor: Hey G, you up?

no answer, so I waited until 11:00.

ENestor: G?

Finally I got a response.

GChan: Hey, I'm sorry dude something came up with the fam and I had to leave at 5 this morning. We'll make plans another day!

ENestor: okay.. take care.

GChan: you too, please.

ENestor: I'll be fine.

I plopped on the couch and sighed. I decided to scroll through my instagram feed and find some cool merch on sale. Turns out, they had a lot of cool gaming merch at hot topic. With hesitation, I got up and left. I locked my door behind me and walked over to my car, opening the door and climbing inside. I opened my windows and I was off to the nearest Mall. I figured I could still get out of the house today

I drove along the road with a blank mind. I was focused on driving but I was just thinking about nothing.. like the feeling of emptiness washes over me a lot. It was a good 15 minutes before I made it into the mall parking lot, and a solid 10 minutes until I actually found a place to park. I exited my car, locked it, and made my way to the entrance. I could hear whispers of a few teenagers behind me.

"Is that him?"

"I don't know, It's hard to tell since he dyed his hair back."

"We won't know until we try."

I realized they might have been fans of mine to I turned slightly when I opened to doors to let them in.

"Oh my god, Hi Ethan!" A girl said excitedly.

"heh, hey guys!" I said, hugging one of them warmly.

"Can we please get a picture?" One of them asked.

"Of course, what are your names?" I asked.

"I'm Kim."  Said a short, bob cut brown-haired, flannel wearing girl.

"I'm Ash." Said a tall, multi-color haired boy. (ftm)

"I'm Lilly, but you can call me Lils." Said an average, long purple-haired (mid-back), rick and morty t-shirt wearing girl.

"Nice to meet you guys. you here with your parents?" I asked.

"hah, no. Who goes to the mall with their friends and their parents?" Kim replied, many laughs from her friends following.

"Oh, i guess.." I said.

"Ethan, we're all 18." Said Ash.

"Oh shit, you don't look it at all." I said chuckling. They all laughed and proceeded to walk inside beside me.

"Kay, where we heading first girls... and guy?" Lils asked.

"We're going to hot topic first, duh" Kim said, making fun of the emo stereotype. I laughed.

"Why don't I just pull out my mini g-note?" Ash added.

"ugh, come on." Kim said, grabbing my wrist and dragging me with her.