Chaos

*************Ryder's POV************

I can't believe I just let her leave. I love her.

I climbed down from the treehouse and raced towards Jada's, running as fast as I could. A phone call stopped me in my tracks.

"What do you want? Haven't you done enough?" I asked to the person on the phone.

"I know you're trying to run back to her. Back off, or else." Ronnie Knight replied.

This dickwad is obsessed with Jada. He said he would hurt her if I didn't leave her. If I didn't break up with her who knows what would've happened. He seems to think leaving my fiancée is going to somehow drive her right into his arms.

I hung up the phone. There was nothing left to do. He knew everything I was doing. He was watching me. I scrolled through my text messages with him. When I reread what he said he would do to her, it made me sick.

*************Jada's POV*************

"Go away, please." I begged softly to whoever was at the door.

The door creaked open and I whipped around to scream, but it was Ryder. I froze once again.

He dropped a piece of paper, apologized, and left. I knew he dropped the paper on purpose, but it was made to look accidental, like he didn't even notice. I picked up the paper after he left. It read, Meet me behind the high school bleachers. Ten minutes. Leave your phone here! I wasn't sure what was up, but I knew it was important. I discretely slipped out of the house and I had my dad drive me to the school because I knew Ryder did this for a reason. I had to make it look like we were going somewhere else.

When I arrived at the school, I dashed up to the bleachers and there he was.

"It's Ronnie from high school. He said he'd hurt you if I didn't leave you. He wants you for himself. He's been watching us. Here's the plan, pretend to like him. Get close to him, find some dirt on him. Let him think you want to be with him and once you find the dirt, throw it in his face as blackmail." Ryder stated quickly without hesitation and then he kissed me and bolted off.

"I love you." We both whispered to each other as we ran in opposite directions.

The world was at peace again. My life was complete again, and it all made sense now. I knew there was no way this just came up out of no where. I know he loves me and always will.

I got out of there as quickly as possible and sped back to the house. When I got there, I sat on my bed pretending to cry. I looked out the window, making myself cry so my eyes looked red and glassy. I scanned the area cautiously to find out where this nut job was hiding. Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks. He's using cameras. He's not out there. My eyes slowly fixated on my laptop and I went over to it and slammed it shut. He's in there. I thought to myself.

I began texting Ryder and stopped. DELETE DELETE DELETE! I turned my phone off and tossed it onto my bed. I'm sure he's watching that too.

I forced myself to cry and headed over to Ryder's front door. When he came out I mouthed, "pretend like you're telling me it's never going to work." Then I explained, mouthing everything, and mumbling occasionally about taking me back, that he needed to shut his laptop and turn off his phone.

"I told you, it's over!" Ryder screamed and slammed the door in my face. I collapsed on the porch crying. That was believable right? I asked myself.

What happens next?, I thought. I figured Ronnie would "just be passing by" and see me on the porch crying or something. I waited for it, but it didn't happen like that. Wait, my phone. If it isn't on, he'll know we are up to something. I pounded on Ryder's door again.

"What is it?" He asked politely.

"Turn your phone back on. He'll know something is up. Leave your laptop closed." I stated and left.

I turned my phone on and then walked over to Ryder's porch. I collapsed and started crying. He must be using GPS, like I suspected, because as soon as I did, he showed up in my driveway.

I lifted my head, tears streaming down my face, and looked. Ronnie ran up to me and asked if I was alright.

"Jada, are you okay?" He asked. "I was just taking a drive and I thought I saw you crying."

"Ryder, he—he dumped me." I said through tears, completely devastated.

"Come on, let's take you home." He stated while helping me up and beginning to lead me to my house.

I went upstairs and checked in on my children. I felt like I hadn't seen them all day. Then, I talked to Ronnie while sitting on my bed and shoveling ice cream into my face.

He decided to make a move and put his arm around me. Then he stroked my cheek. I smiled softly, staring into his brooding gaze. I could tell that he needs help. He's unstable and stalkerish. Ronnie leaned in ever so slightly. I'm sorry Ryder. I felt Ronnie's lips brush up against my glossy lips. He kissed me gently, but passionately. I began to enjoy the kiss, but then I realized he's a crazy stalker and I'm engaged.

I broke off the kiss. I was thinking about what in the world I could possibly get him to tell me that I can use against him. Also, I'm leaving tomorrow for my vacation, so how could I get him to trust me? I realized I didn't have to do any of that. We have evidence of blackmail, threats, and I'm sure they can prove he's been stalking us through GPS and hacking into our cameras.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom and I locked myself in to call the cops. He knocked on the door and asked who I was talking to.

"My mom. She wants to know what kind of bread I want." I responded as my heart started beating out of my chest.

"You're lying." He responded and began to kick the door.