Next Stop: D.C.

***A/N: What do you guys think of the story so far? Should I keep writing this sequel? Or should I scrap it and move on? Let me know in the comments or with votes. Thank you!***

When we landed in D.C., I was pretty sure my heart would beat right out of my chest. I'd never come to visit my sister before and we have fallen out of touch in the last few years. I was nervous about seeing her and I almost didn't know what to do with my hands. My life revolved around my kids and it felt weird to not be holding a child, carrying a diaper bag, or pushing a stroller.

I took a deep breath and grabbed Ryder's arm as the automatic doors opened, revealing the sunny day and busy streets of Washington D.C. This was my moment. I stepped onto the curb and hailed a taxi. You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of her.

I gave the cab driver Juliana's address.

"Jada, you haven't said anything since we took off in Texas. Are you okay?" Ryder asked after we got out of the cab at this beautiful two-story federal architecture style home.

"I...I'm...okay." I replied weakly.

I walked up the porch steps with Ryder supporting my back to help calm me down. I relaxed a bit when he rubbed his thumb back and forth across my back. I rang the doorbell and we waited for Juliana to answer.

"Relax, Doll. Be yourself. She's your sister." Ryder whispered reassuringly.

It feels like hours before Juliana finally opened the door.

"Jada!" She screamed and hugged me.

I felt immediate relief when I looked into her hazel eyes, fixated on her relaxing gaze.

We stepped into the hallway and the inside astonished me. The house was well kept, possibly even by a maid, and the hallways harbored beautiful pieces of artwork from all different cultures, but they worked well together.

"Your house is amazing." I announced to Juliana as she gave us the grand tour, beginning with the kitchen.

She had four bedrooms, five bathrooms, and two living spaces. Not to mention, she lived less than two miles from the White House. You could see it from her living room window.

We sat and chatted for an hour and a half as Jules cooked a little dinner for us.

"So, Juliana, what do you do for work these days?" Ryder asked, breaking the silence as we sat in the dining room.

"I'm a White House tour guide." She answered very robotically.

I gave her a look. She and I both know she's an FBI agent. She gave me the "don't blow this" look.

Just then, someone came through the front door.

"I'm home." The man, who I can only assume is Juliana's boyfriend, Elliot, stated.

"Elliot! Just in time for dinner! Come meet my sister and her fiancé!" Juliana exclaimed as she dragged him into the dining room.

Ryder and I stood up to meet Elliot.

"Hi, I'm Jada." I announced shaking his hand.

Shaking his hand, Ryder simply stated, "Ryder. Nice to meet you."

"I've heard so much about you both. It's great to meet you." Elliot replied.

As we all began to eat our dinner, I took a deep breath, processing that my sister lived in this house with a man I have never met. They've been together for a while now. I guess it's been a few years. The babies were newborns and I had just gotten engaged then. I snapped out of my trance and rejoined the conversation.

"No, we have a hotel, we couldn't possibly ask to stay here with you." Ryder replied to what I assume is my sister trying to convince us to stay here.

"I insist you cancel your hotel booking, besides, this time of day D.C. is like a parking lot. Nobody gets anywhere with all this traffic." Juliana announced.

"Really Jules, we'll be fine in a hotel. Besides, there's a pool there and you know how much I love those." I replied.

"We have a pool!" She answered.

It's crazy how just a few years ago, before Mom and Juliana left us, that we were best friends. I mean Juliana was my sister. We lived together for sixteen years and now it's like she's a stranger. We're so different.

We quickly learned Elliot is a very competitive man. He challenged us to a chess tournament. The winner would get what they want. If Elliot or Juliana wins we have to stay here. If Ryder and I win we go to our hotel. It wasn't that Ryder and I didn't want to stay here, we just wanted alone time, but we lost the tournament.

Juliana made the bed in one of her three spare bedrooms and they both helped us carry our bags upstairs, not that we had many.

By the time we settled in it was time for us to sleep. We were so jet lagged from the two hour time difference between here and Texas. I snuggled up into Ryder's arms.

"Goodnight. I love you." I whispered.

Ryder mumbled, half asleep already. Ugh, men.