TaoRis Extra

Tao’s P.O.V

Why does he always look so mean? Kris took a sip of his soda. Does he ever smile? He put the can down and looked at me with one eyebrow raised. “What?” He asked with an attitude. At first I was confused but then I realized I had been staring at him, he probably felt a little creeped out. I snapped out of it then cleared my throat “N-nothing.” I said, trying to keep my voice even. He just looked at me like I was strange then continued to eat his food in silence.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were chattering on about something. We were sitting at our usual table, in our usual formation (Kris facing me, Chanyeol beside me and Kyungsoo facing Chanyeol). I carried on staring at Kris. I couldn’t help it. He was so inhuman to me, but in a really good way, like in the movies when there is that perfect guy that the girl ends up with, or that really hot unobtainable lifeguard.

I hadn’t known Kris very long, but since he was in my class and since I didn’t really have much to talk about with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, I was just closer to him than I was to the other two. I could never replace Baekhyun with Kris, but it was nice to have someone to talk to and hang out with. Kris let out an annoyed sigh and rolled his eyes. “OK, seriously. What is it? Is there something on my face or what?” He said in an irritated voice. Dammit, I’m staring at him again.

I just looked away. “There’s nothing on your face.” I answered in a small voice, though I was pretty sure he already knew the answer. Chanyeol started giggling like a child who just said a bad word for the first time. I quickly turned my head to look at him. “What’s so funny?!” I asked with an attitude. Chanyeol immediately stopped giggling because of my harshness. He shrank down. “Nothing.” He said while looking down. He made me feel like I was the bad guy. I didn’t know why I was so annoyed by his little laugh.

Kyungsoo childishly pointed at Chanyeol. “Haha! Tao just yelled at you!” He said in a taunting voice. “Shut up!” Chanyeol said stubbornly. Nice comeback. I smiled to myself like an idiot and Kris noticed it. He just shook his head and didn’t ask. I just wanted to grab his shirt and yell ‘Just smile for once in your life!’ But of course I didn’t do it. I just didn’t understand how he could hang out with people like Chanyeol and Kyungsoo and not pull one tiny smile.

I myself had to hold in my laugh on many occasions to prevent myself from looking foolish. They were the most humorous and most easy-going people I knew, how could anyone not think they are funny? Part of me wondered why Kris even hung out with them. I mean, it’s not like he tries to see them on weekends or anything. He just sits with them during lunch, and even then he is mostly just quiet. Even when he is listening intently to their conversations, it was rare that he would actually say something.

I found myself staring at him again. I was so gone in my thoughts that I didn’t even notice it. I was hard not to look at him. After all, he was sitting directly in front of me. He had his soda in his hand and he slammed it down on the table in frustration. “What’s with you today, Tao?!” He asked in anger, his voice slightly raised. I was startled because of the sudden noise. Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum just averted their eyes. I found it sort of cute that they were scared of Kris. “It’s nothing, just never mind. I’m sorry.” I replied to Kris in a calm voice. He let out a big sigh in annoyance.

After the bell rang, Kris and I made our way to class. I stayed a couple of strides behind him, staring at his back. I was a little mesmerized by his height. Although he was the same height as Chanyeol, he looked bigger because he wasn’t as skinny and his face wasn’t babyish like Chanyeols. I didn’t let him see me staring at him again. I didn’t want him to get mad. I don’t know why it was so hard not to look at him. I don’t know why he was so fascinating to me.  I managed to keep my eyes off him for the rest of the school day, with difficulty.