Chapter 21: Pause

~《 ♤ 》~

"Hi,"

Chris gave a kind ーfakeー smile to the man feets in front of him.

"Hello," the other man answered.

"How's your day going?"

"I don't know," the man shook his head.

"Poor," he said, "I was just about to destroy some fellas but now that we met here, do you mind talking with me for a while?"

The other didn't answer. He just stared into Chris' eyes with an unreadable expression on his face, wordlessly. The both knew it wasn't a time for a nice chat that would be complete with tea, since Chris would be spilling some hot tea on the other teacher.

The man was no other than Frederick.

"We're fellow P.E. teachers in this school, we should get along, shall we?" Chris fake smiled and leaned on the wall beside him, hands folded.

"I don't know you."

"But I know you, Christhoporus Frederick," he smirked. "One of the successors of the Liu clan, but you can be called a late bloomer because until now, you still don't have hints of the bloodline ability inside you, thus you're just a human with no exceptional powers. You should be grateful, you're not one of those monsters!"

Frederick looked down and quietly sighed. He disagreed with the other's words, obviously, because that's not how it works. It has never been like that.

"...They're not monsters," he spoke, lifting his head and shown his face with bits of anger as little as he could, "They're never monsters."

"THEY ARE!" Chris raised his voice, walking to Frederick and grabbed his collar by force and stared at him deadly with psychotic wide eyes. "Ever since I knew about them... I knew that they would bring world destruction! They're abnormal. Abnormal! They deserve to disappear from society! Their minds, their specialities, their very existence... I WANT TO CRUSH THEM ALL!"

There was silence when Chris finally let go of Frederick's collar.

"What makes you hate them so much?"

"Not 'them,' but 'us,'" Chris corrected. "Because one of them killed my dad and escaped out of the police's reach, but at this moment, that bastard's in prison. But that's not enough. I want him to die. I want all members of that berserk clan to die. They shouldn't exsist in the first place. They don't deserve a place in the world."

"Your dad was killed...by a Liu?" It caught Frederick's interest. The other P.E teacher nodded. "...And you're here because of your hatred towards the Liu's and you want them all to die. Your first target is Liu Nathaniel, who you know works here and is part of a secret organization of WS. And his sister, Christy Liu whose fake name is Natasha Christy, who's also involved in this matter. Now, me, a so-called late bloomer."

"You're perfectly correct, but then..." Chris turned his back, hiding his evil smirk. "I have a special plan for you."

"Please don't kill them." Frederick's voice was soft and not at all demanding, but begging like someone who doesn't have any strength to fight anymore. It was unexpected of him that Chris turned his attention to him again, an eyebrow raised. Frederick looked so weak and fragile that time, it was uncalled for. He has one of his hands covering his right eye with a sad and pitiful expression.