Chapter 12: 體認

"It wasn't normal to begin with."

~《 ☆ 》~

When I woke up, I was in a familiar room, the school's Nurse's Office. With a slight headache, I managed to sit down with the help of my sister whom I supposed to have waited for me since I was brought here. There wasn't anyone beside us, which surprised me a little since Caron should've been waiting for a patient to wake up.

Coughing, I looked around the room then stared at my sister who had a concerned look on her face, I slowly fixed the bandana she was wearing. She held my hand with both hers. We stayed like that for a moment. She probably knew what happened to me, she knew everything to start with, but she kept quiet. She wasn't a member, but she was smart enough to hack into my phone and read all the messages. I didn't at all mind, she's obedient when it comes to me.

"I-..." She began, "I heard it all."

"I know," I replied softly, matching her tone.

"I don't understand. Why was your mind working against you? I-I've never heard of such a thing. Does it hurt so much to not being able to move a body part because of your brain?" She asked meekly.

"Normally, it wouldn't hurt for ordinary people, it became bothering instead. For us, our family, it'll be the same as your head being shot with a fire arrow. You'll die eventually if that happens for too long," I explained. "We were born to inherit God's absolute mind. You still remember the theory I told you about, didn't you?"

She nodded slowly, letting go of my hand and I stood up, looking outside the window, taking my glasses from the table. Guessing from the shadow, it was 3 o'clock.

"Today, 13 years ago, uncle was sentenced to jail," My sister muttered under her breath. I turned my face to her.

"Today is? I completely forgot about that. A day when he finally lost it and bombed a stranger's house, that is."

Suddenly, it was a moment of realization to me.

"Yes," I walked to my sister, grabbing her shoulders, "Yes!" I raised my voice. "It was uncle! It was him! It was him who inherited grandpa the most! It wasn't me!"

At that time, I was thinking two things at once: How he did that and about the bloodline ability. My sister was obviously startled by my sudden actions of excitement. "Wh-what...? What are you-"

"He was wrong! He said that I was the one who inherited the bloodline ability the most. He made a mistake! His plan of confronting me was a fail!" I cheered again. "He wasn't perfect, he didn't thoroughly think about this. He took it 'meh' without knowing that I have figured out how he controlled me! Yes, this is it!"

I laughed happily, letting go of my sister's shoulders as she stood up, confused, but when I threw her a look, she finally gets what I meant and smirked.

"He thought that only me has a split-personality disorder, but in fact it has been in the bloodline for many years ago. He didn't think that it can be an advantage to us if we're able to control it! Sis, you found a way to control it by drawing, while me by writing. Mine is good at swords while yours at computer science!"

"I see, I see" She mumbled, "How did he do it, then?"

I walked to her again until I was a step away from stepping her feet, looking down at her and we both stared at each other, me with a satisfied and evil grin.

"He can control demons,"

==============

brUH. A short chap :<<<

體認 ( tǐ rèn ): realization, realize

Follow me on...
Instagram: nathannia.cs / c._nathania
Google+: Nathania 娜大雅
Twitter: @NathanniaCS

Please consider giving votes if you like the story!