Part 4

(Y/N): Huh...

You were currently researching news articles regarding a specific date to search for Snow's killer. Turns out it was actually the leader of the White Fang, Adam Taurus.

Penny: Didn't he go missing?

(Y/N): Yeah... He was already taken care of.

You have already delivered him to the client that wanted his head. You even witnessed the person put a bullet in the faunus's head.

(Y/N): Well, guess that's taken care of.

You stood up and turned to find Neo standing behind you. She still seemed to be worried about your mental health but you simply patted her on the head.

(Y/N): Don't worry about me, all that's left to do is to keep doing what we're doing.

You then heard a notification that was received by your holographic computer. You turned back to find a job offer from the organization that you are affiliated with.

(Y/N): Oooh, what did they send me this time?

You thoroughly read the description of the offer and was quite surprised. In fact, it even made you chuckle under your helmet as you finished reading the summary.

(Y/N): So... How which of you are up for a journey?

Neo and Penny were confused by your words as you clicked "accept."

Penny: A journey? To where?

(Y/N): Seems old Ironwood is planning a mining excavation and someone wants us to make sure they don't get their greedy little hands on the remains of a meteorite.

Neo gave you a look that questioned the type of shard.

(Y/N): Nobody know the origin of it... All I know is that they extracted a small piece of it once. It held some kind of power so they decided to give it to a group of eight defenseless children that were kidnapped from their homes.

Neo's eyes widened when she realized that it was the source of your power.

(Y/N): Yeah... Pretty risky if I went in their myself... Or Penny... but I don't another incident to happen. The Light twisted our minds because it was too much for us to take, nobody else should have this power.

Neo nodded in agreement but she grew a sense of uneasiness about the request. In fact, it could be dangerous for you to even be near that source.

(Y/N): Neo, remember why I always take these kinds of jobs. It wouldn't be fun if I do these things for just the money.

She sighed before nodding with a small smile while you let out a small chuckle.

Penny: U-umm... What do you mean it would also be dangerous for me to go?

(Y/N): Hmm, the Light that I gave you to make sure you don't completely shut down can probably react to the shard... In fact I think the Void is trying to take over your body right now.

The orange haired android frantically inspected her body to make sure there weren't any traces of Void. You let out another laugh as you walked away from the panicking robot.

Meanwhile

Ranger: Alright students, that wraps things up for the day. Make sure you read those chapters and be ready for tomorrow because there will be a sparring session!

Ruby: Woohoo!

The teen that was cheering for a sparring session was then knocked on her head by her team mate.