♡ intro

"don't be so bratty, brie."

my mom slid her prada frames from her face, to the top of her head. "it's just boarding school."

i held my breath. "that isn't the problem, mom. the problem is that you and dad are sending me away, but you're keeping lilith with you."

my sister had no idea that this conversation was actually happening. she was furiously tapping on her screen, a loud noise was made every time her long acrylics made contact with the screen.

"listen to me, breanna. your sister's shooting a movie for the remainder of this year, and half of next year. your dad will be busy running his company, and i'll be busy helping him and lili out."

i was anxiously waiting for her to get to the point.

she mumbled under her breath, and extracted her keys from the car. "you do know that lili's spot in that movie was yours, right?"

lili was mentally distancing herself from this conversation, which was probably for the best.

"i know that. i'm grateful, trust me, but acting isn't my thing." i picked at my french tips, just to irritate my mom.

she sucked in her cheeks, and stuck her keys in the ignition. "that's exactly my point. we're sending you to the boarding school that your father and i went to when we were your age. we'll be out of your hair, won't that be great?"

i knew that wasn't the truth, it was the other way around. they wanted me out of their hair. well, at least my mom and lili did. my dad usually just went along with whatever my mom said, due to him being afraid of her.

"yeah, great."

a/n: i'm really excited about this book ♡ btw, don't forget to comment!!